Promises broken

I was sat down at our table chatting with Paige, Jayla and Kylee. I had told them everything over the phone last night. I told them about my mom, me and Javon arguing and just everything really. Obviously they were all there for me to talk to. 

"Okayy,  are any of you free on Sunday because I literally have nothing to do this weekend" Kylee says with a slight bit of tune in her voice.

"Yesss free on Sunday online since I'm going with wanna to his boxing match" Jayla says.

"I think me and Paige both have a soccer game on Saturday anyway but I'm free on Sunday"  I say shoving a handful of lays into my mouth.

"Same Sundays free for me, I feel like we haven't hung out all together in literally agesss" Paige says digging into my chips as I smack her hand off the bag.

"I know right like when was last time we met up like a month ago?" Jayla asks.

"Hm probably" I say giggling.

Suddenly, I feel a warm pair of arms wrap around my squeezing my neck slightly and the simple and words "Hey" come out a familiar boys mouth.

I turn around and look into his glossy eyes. 

"What" I say coldly.

"I just wanna talk" he says pleading me.

"About what?" I ask him shaking my head.

"You know what" he says placing his hand on my shoulder. 

I look round at my friends and they were nodding there heads ushering me to go with him.

I turn back round to him rolling my eyes sighing "God fine follow me".

I stood up out of my seat as Javon followed me out of the Canteen and into the corridors.

"Ok you have one minute to explain your time startssss... now" I say folding my arms.

"One minute? Jeez you gotta be kidding me-" he says scrambling on.

"Tick tock tick tock" I say sarcastically tapping my watch and swaying my head from side to side.

"Ok so first off all I'm so so sorry I shouldn't of made loads of promises that I couldn't keep it was so wrong of me and I don't know why I did it , but please, let me make it up to you tonight how about we go down to that dead diner we always go to and talk things out and you can tell me everything on your mind? Because I need to know if your ok" he says really fast and finishes as he's out of breath.

" Anddd your times up" I say smiling at him as he pants like a dog.

I giggle at him as he looks up to see me laughing.

"stop laughing" he says sarcastically grinning.

He stops panting and looks straight up at me waving his arms about saying "So?"

"Hmmmm , ok fine meet me at like 4 or something and well get dinner there" I say.

"Yes ma'am " he says laughing.

"See you later" I say smiling before I enter the canteen again.

Javon's pov:

Its 3:55pm and I'm sat on a booth in the middle of the dinner. My knees shaking and I'm biting on my nails. I'm very very nervous what if I make some stupid promise again?

Suddenly, the bell from the door rings and in walks Ophelia.

I studied her not being able to take my eyes away from her. 

They were holding a tight grip onto her .

Her slicked pay neatly into a plait and her cheeks were rosy. She was wearing grey sweatpants and a white tank top paired with lots of gold jewellery just like she always did.

She also was wearing her ugg boots that I got her for my birthday last year.

She smiled at me sitting opposite me on the booth.

"What you thinking of ordering?" she says smiling at me, flipping through the menu.

"Idk maybe a bacon cheeseburger or something like that" I reply.

"I'm ready to order when you are?" she says shutting the menu.

"Yeah yeah go ahead" I say.

The waitress comes over to our table saying "Can I get you guys anything to drink?" 

"Yeah can I get a coke soda float and also a sprite to thanks" she says smiling.

"Of course, and for you sir?" she asks me.

"Hmm, I'll go with a coke zero" I say nodding.

"Great and anything to eat orrr" the waitress asks.

"Yeah, uh can I please get some loaded nachos and the quessadiella please" she says smiling.

"Great! and for you sir?" the lady asks me.

"Uhh I'll just get a bacon cheeseburger with curly fries please" I say nodding.

"Great and thats all?" she asks.

We nod and thank her as she goes away to place in our orders.

"I love this place" sighs a happy Ophelia looking outside into the carpark.

"Yeah I know you do," I chuckle.

I  loved to see that she was happy now. This place always brings out the best in her.

"I mean like even though it's dead it has the BEST food ever " she says widening her eyes.

"The foods bomb I can't lie" I say rubbing the back of my head.

"Mhm, and it's dead like no one except us so we can talk all day long with no one to snoop in our convos, or loud chatter over us so we have to shout everything or food all over the floor from previous people" she says grinning now looking straight into my eyes.

Before I know it she's talking to me about everything.

Everything going on.

Everything happening.

Her mum.

Her dad and sister.

Just life really.

I place my hand on top of hers drawing circles in the palm of her hand.

It seems to calm her. 

Surprisingly she doesn't let out one tear.

She just sits there biting her nails, then biting her food then slurping up her drink talking.

But its like I can't help it.

I genially can't

When I don't know what to do or say it just slips out.

Yet another promise.

One I know I cant keep.

She doesn't say anything about it.

Which lifts a heavy weight off my shoulders.

But still.

Why am I being like that.

Why am I making promises that I can't keep?

Should I even be her friend if I'm doing that?

Cause thats what good friends don't do.

Maybe I need to distance myself.

There's no point putting her more than she's already going through.

______________________________________________________________

I'm so so sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days now!

I've been struggling at home and I just needed a break!

Back again now ly all 💕