Chapter Four

"Another bit of background information. The Peverells had to go into hiding because a man named Grindelwald stole their symbol and started to cause havoc because he had the Elder Wand, he wanted the other Hallows. Dumbledore aka the git headmaster of Hogwarts was helping him. The Peverells went into hiding after finding out they couldn't wear their symbol out anymore because they would get attacked. Cadmus' child had married into the Slytherin Line and soon gained the Slytherin Lordship after the other lines died. They eventually became the Gaunts and Gaunts were not friendly whatsoever. Ignotus' child also married a Slytherin and eventually a Gryffindor. When they went into hiding, they became the Potters. When my parents went to school, they have the houses Slytherin, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw, the names of the Founders. My mother was in the Slytherin house and found out there was a new heir. My father eventually found about it and him and my uncle went to talk to him and helped him. The thing is, he could never get the proper protection for himself. Soon after I was born he started going crazy. Something in his mind was telling him that he was scared to die. He was raised in the war and somebody played on that," Jamie explained.

"Dumbledore?" Klaus asked.

"Yeah, it spread quickly that Tom was the Heir of Slytherin and Tom lived in an orphanage and was still learning about the Wizarding World. His mother had been a Gaunt, and as you know from the curse, she had a little magic, but she was ill. Nobody would help her. Dumbledore hates Slytherins and is prejudiced and Tom make a horcrux by killing a classmate," Charlus explained.

"When his head cleared up, he ran to Charlus and I in a private area and explained what happened. Anytime he was forced to make a horcrux, he would tell us what it was," Fleamont added.

"What's a horcrux?" Klaus asked.

"It's an item that holds a piece of your soul. It's a way to escape death. In order to make one, you have to end the life of someone else," Jamie explained. Klaus nods for them to continue.

"Only the Blacks and the Potters knew what was happening because Tom needed people to ground him. Orion Black, my cousin, and I along with Walburga and Cygnus watched over him and communicated with these two. We never knew why at first Tom wanted the Potter brothers to know," Dorea said.

"Potters tend to be in the house of Gryffindor which is known for bravery, but really we just fooled everybody. They think Potters' are light, but only those with an alliance know. The Blacks and the Longbottoms were the only two that knew the secret. They know we fooled everyone thinking we were cocky and arrogant, but really we're just making them think we can be persuaded to sides," Jamie explained.

"Dumbledore eventually figured out the cloak we have might've been the Invisibility Cloak and killed us when we wouldn't give it to him," Charlus said.

"Thankfully the Gaunts are idiots and so is Dumbledore because he never figured out the Resurrection Stone," Fleamont said.

"Tom ended making a horcrux of Salazar Slytherin's ring which had been merged with the Resurrection Stone. He might be losing his mind, but he sends letters to me a lot because the Ancestral Magic I put in the letters brings his mind back some. He also sends letters to the Blacks to help and Cygnus' daughters are helping him in person. He keeps that ring with him and placed a fake one with a curse in the Gaunt's shack. He already has a plan to send it to me if he is going to completely lose his mind," Jamie explained.

"You have to be both a Peverell and a Slytherin to wear that ring. Tom never had children, he made Jamie his heir so it would send to her," Charlus said.

"I need his horcruxs gathered back together. I need into Hogwarts for one of them. I am able to sneak in since I'm descended from two founders. I also need the Elder Wand, which Dumbledore has. I know he had me marry Liam so he could eventually kill me," Klaus eyes hardened at that thought, "I need all the Hallows before that happens," she adds.

"That's why you haven't destroyed Liam," Klaus assumed.

"Yes, they don't understand the Hallows, they think anybody can become Master or Mistress of Death if they have all the Hallows, they don't know that you can't become that unless you are destined to be by Death's side. If a non-Peverell uses the stone, they will go insane. Cadmus only did because Death was angry. You can't use the Cloak without permission from the owner. They don't know that," Jamie explained with a little smirk. "They also don't know that a Peverell can see the cloak, there's a suspicion that Liam or Dumbledore is going to take the Cloak and use it to get Tom under their control. We checked, he can still see the cloak with his mental state right now. My hope is, if I get hit the Killing Curse, I know I should come back because of being Death's soulmate. My hope is to bring Tom back with his sanity," Jamie finished her plan.

"This is going to take a while, isn't it?" Klaus asked.

"Yeah," she responds, taking her glasses off to clean a smudge.

"Wait," Klaus said, he looked back up at Fleamont and Charlus, both coincidently having there glasses off, "How come all of you wear those glasses that change your eye color?"

"That's a feature of Death's favored line, that their eyes are the shade of the Killing Curse. The Gaunts, while crazy, did also have blood red eyes and hid them. Merope Gaunt used her last bit of magic to put a glamour over Tom's eyes to protect him in the muggle world. He keeps his real eye color out now because he's too weak to put the glamour up. The Potter's also have the glamour, but it's not always the best to keep a glamour on when you sleep, so we also put it in our glasses, really I wear these out of habit when I'm away from Liam," Jamie explained, then she paused, "Liam is coming back, I need to go. Lector!" the elf popped back in, "Please take Klaus back to the park I was at," she said before kissing Klaus on the cheek and apparating away.

"If you hurt my little Fawn, I will come out of this painting and beat the ever loving shit out of you," Charlus threatened, green eyes on display as he glared at the vampire before Lector took him away.