Why would you...? | Oliver Wood

Before you read, in this story, you're a Gryffindor Chaser in sixth year. Sorry to all that are not Gryffindor, it just fits better with the storyline. Have fun reading

Y/n POV:
I jumped off my broom as soon as I was close enough to the ground, tackling my team in a bear hug, laughing out of pure joy. We had won. We had won!! The Quidditch cup was ours!! As the team broke apart, we looked at each other, grinning overjoyed. I shared a few more separate hugs with everyone: Harry, Angelina, Katie, Fred and George.

And then there was Oliver. As we mad eye contact, my heart fluttered and butterflies erupted as he walked towards me. He sling his arms around my waist and pulled me up, spinning me in circles and burying his handsome face in my neck. I laughed, my arms around his neck. Just then, my brothers Spencer and Nash (it's easier if I have set names) came onto the field. Oliver let go of me, too soon, for my opinion and faced his two best friends.
"Nice play, Oli." Nash said, clapping him on the back. Spencer followed his action.
Then they both turned to me, grinning crookedly and pulling me up into a hug, squashing me.
"Ahhh, put me down!!" I laughed, attempting to punch their shoulders.
"Clean game, lil' sis." Spencer commented, "Really liked that goal you made."
"Which one?" I teased, giggling as Nash tickled my side. I slapped his hand away, chasing after him as he ran over the field, away from the crowd stomping towards us.

After a while, the crowd had dispersed, I decided, it was no use chasing Nash anymore and headed to the Gryffindor common room. On my way, paintings congratulated me, even followed me by walking through other paintings to show how overjoyed they were. I smiled and nodded at all of them, rather fixed on getting to the common room. I had decide right before the match, that I would finally tell Oliver my feelings for him, hoping he would feel as I did, but the closer I got to the portrait of the Fat Lady, the more I started doubting and worrying.
What if he doesn't like me in that way? What if he friendzones me?
Maybe I shouldn't tell him and just turn around and walk somewhere, anywhere else. But before I could so much as think more, I stood before the portrait. She didn't even ask for the password and just swung open, causing a lot of people to look my way and shout gleefully, running towards me and embracing me.
There goes that plan.

I was carried through the whole common room, deposited before the drink table, where those came from, I didn't even want to know, so I just poured myself some pumpkin juice without further thinking. I walked through the crowded common room in search for someone I knew, some of my friends or team mates.

I spotted the person, I was trying to avoid. He met my eye as he talked, beckoning for me to come to him. Cursing myself, I walked towards him and sat beside him. Oliver grinned at me, then looked at his friends. As if a secret signal had been send out, they dispersed and left me alone with him, awkwardly sitting next to him on the sofa, awfully aware of our legs touching. He turned his body to face me and as not to be rude, I did the same, though trying not to shut my eyes, cringing.
We started talking at the same time.
"Oliver I-"
"So, Y/-"
I laughed awkwardly.
"You first." We stated at the same time.
I giggled.
"You can go." I said, avoiding my turn.
"Uh, sure, I guess." He said, "So, uhh, Y/n, I really...liked your performance t-today."
"Oh...thanks." My heart broke. Maybe it really was better if I just left, "I need to...g-go."

I turned on my heel and pushed through the crowd of people, trying desperately to restrain the tears from flowing. Once I had managed to get out of the portrait hole, I stopped, looking around before starting to run.
Blinded by tears, I ran through the halls in search for fresh air and...peace.
Somehow I found myself back on the Quidditch pitch. The soft sand under my shoes and the empty stands had something calming about it. I let out a shaky breath.
'Of course, Y/n, why would he like you? You're just you, not like all the other girls he dated.' I thought bitterly.
Speaking of Oliver and girls he dated, he had most probably forgotten about me, too busy making out with someone on the  couch.

Tears now spilled down my front, creating small craters in the sand. I broke down on my knees, head in my hands, sobbing uncontrollably. How stupid I was to believe he liked me back. I laughed, but it was bitter and heartbroken, not like my normal cheerful laugh.

"Y/n?" A voice behind me interrupted my self-mourning.
I stopped dead, my eyes widened. I quickly wiped over my eyes with my sleeve before turning around. I faced Oliver, almost breaking down again.

His eyes widened when he saw my face. I must have looked bad.
"Go away." I said, my voice cracking.
Of course he didn't, instead he walked towards me, dropping onto his knees beside me.

I turned away, crossing my arms childishly. He put a hand on my shoulder and began to talk:
"Y/n, did- did I do something? What's wrong?"
Oh nothing, Oliver, I'm perfectly fine, you just burst my bubble of hope that you might like me more than a friend, otherwise, I'm feeling great, thank you.
But I didn't say that, in fact, I didn't say anything and only pulled my knees up to my chest.
"Y/n, I-"
"No, Oliver," I said, getting up and pacing up and down in the sand, "You don't get it!! I have been flirting with you and hinting for you to take me out for the past year in desperation for you to acknowledge my feelings and take me of a date, but clearly you were too busy snogging off other girls' faces or talking about Quidditch 24/7 to notice my attempts. I'm sick of being treated like less than I am, I want you to finally see me!!"
"Oh... that's what you were doing."
"Yes, how didn't you notice, literally the whole school knows!!"
"Knows what?" He asked, now also on his feet.
Was this man for real?!
"I like you, dumbass!! Haven't you been listening to me?!"
"You- you like...me?"
"Get there, did you? But you know what, clearly you don't feel the same way, that's okay, I'll just go, forget I ever said this and... and..." I couldn't finish my sentence, the pain in my chest was to big.
I started to walk away through the soft sand, trying not to show any weakness.

A hand grabbed my wrist and spun me around, so I was held up against a chest, my hands pressed up against it and his hand on my waist.
"Wha-?"
Soft lips met mine in a sweet kiss, shutting me up. I was too shocked to react for about three seconds of the kiss until I finally returned it, smiling against Oliver's lips.

When we pulled away to breathe, he shot me a crooked, but adorable smile.
"I like you too, Y/n." He grinned, pulling me in by the waist for another, more passionate kiss.
Clapping suddenly sounded from behind us and we turned to see the whole Gryffindor common room standing there laughing and exchanging money from bets. They betted on us?!
I couldn't stop smiling and glanced at Oliver, who was already looking at me. he picked me up bridal style and carried me through the crowd into an empty hallway of the castle.
He knelt down before me, taking my hands in his.
"Y/n, would you do me the great honour and be my girlfriend?"
"Oh my- Yes, of course!!" I said, as he stood up and kissed me again tapping my thigh, signalling me to jump. And so I did, wrapping my legs around his waist, as he held me up easily, tangling his hands in my H/c hair.
I put my arms around his neck, smiling, my dreams were finally real.

Ok peoples, I need opinions, was this ok? Also, I need inspo, I don't know who or what to write next. Anyways, thanks for reading and see ya in the next story. Stay safe and have a good day/night!!
- moony (j.)