Promise? | George Weasley

WARNING: blood, injury, mention of death

Please don't read if you're uncomfortable!!

This will only be Y/n POV, so I wont write it above the story again.
Hope you enjoy <3

Rain and wind whipped across my face, leaving it numb and cold, but I didn't stop. Fear coursed through my veins mixed with adrenaline, maybe a little too much. But nobody could possibly say it was forbidden to feel the thrill after being in the air for the first time in ages, right? I let out a laugh, little like my own, which turned into a frightened squeak as a jet of green light shot passed my right ear, leaving a burning smell.
Okay, not the time, Y/n.

I kept my gaze focussed on the dark, clouded sky before me, trying my best to avoid the spells shot at me. I pushed my glasses higher, Harry really did have horrible eyesight.
I clung to the broom, twisting and turning, shooting spells and avoiding them with just the same agility.
Just then, a red jet hit me in the square of the back and I pressed a hand over my mouth as not to scream in pain. It burned and stung like hell and I whimpered, tears beginning to stream out of my eyes.
Then, suddenly, I passed through a light breeze and the Death Eaters on my pursuit fell back into the darkness. I could make out the shape of a familiar landscape and sighed. Barely holding onto my broom, I stirred towards the house in the distance.

As soon as I was close enough to the ground, I couldn't hold myself upright and fell off the broom.
The pain in my back was agonising and for a moment I considered just to lie here and close my eyes. Only a short little nap, then-
"Y/n? Y/n! Y/N!!" The well-known voice of Remus Lupin sounded from above me. My ears were blocked and the sound was only faint, but I forced my tired eyes open.
"Y/n, can you hear me? Please answer me!"
"Y-yeah, I'm-," Okay? Great? About to faint? "Fine."
He gave me a doubtful look and helped me up, half carrying- half dragging me to the house. As soon as we entered, all eyes shot to me.
"Oh my- Y/n, are you alright?" Hermione asked, hurrying towards me and taking my other arm.
I must've looked bad and I felt it too, but as soon as my eyes fell onto the couch, where a familiar red-head lay, my own hurt couldn't have bothered me less.
I pushed away all helping hands and ran to the couch, dropping onto my knees beside my boyfriend.
My bloodied and dirty hands cradled his face, covered in grime and blood, a gaping hole, right where his left ear had been.

Tears filled my usually clear E/c eyes as I surveyed the boy before me with mixed emotions. Sorrow, worry, confusion.
"How...?"
"Snape." Remus replied bitterly, "With Sectumsempra."
I nodded, tears still flowing down my face and zoned out as everyone else began talking amongst each other.

Hours later, everyone had gone to bed and yet, I still sat beside the couch, my fingers intertwined with George's, my back facing him, a book laying limply in my lap. I stared into the bright fireplace, completely oblivious to the stirring of the figure behind me.
"Y/n?" It was a hoarse, nearly audible whisper close to my ear and I jumped as soon as I heard it.
"George- oh my- you're awake!!" I said turning so fast, I might've cracked my neck in the process. "I thought you were dead, although your mum said you'd be okay, but still. I was so worried, I thought you died and left me alone and-,"
"Merlin, Y/n, calm down I'm fine." He said in a croaky voice, stroking my cheek and giving me soft peck on the lips. I temporarily closed my tired eyes, enjoying the feeling of safety. I didn't dare sleep incase George woke up.

My lover, of course, noticed and stroke my hair with is fingers softly.
"You can sleep, love, I'll be fine."
"R-really?"
"Yes, I won't go anywhere."
"Promise?"
"Promise."

As soon as those words left his beautiful mouth, he pulled me up to his chest and my eyes fluttered shut. The comforting embrace of sleep engulfed me and sank off, held closely to the chest of my one and only. Before I fell completely under the spell of sleep, I felt him kiss my forehead sweetly and whisper, in his deep, soothing voice:
"I love you, Y/n."

BWGSHAHDHDBDBJD this was so cute <3 We love. But was it only me or was it shorter than normal? Meh.
Anyways, I hope you're having an amazing day/night and stay safe!! Love you!! Vote and follow for more!!
- moony (j.)