Chapter 11- Everyone

Addison and I were supposed to lead cheer practice after school. I made sure to get there as soon as I could to get dressed and ready. Addison and I ran out, both of us blowing our whistles. The cheerleaders lined up, stiff as soldiers.

"I am so fired up to be running cheer practice," Addison stated. "Together, we can do anything."

Bree pointed behind us. I almost jumped when I saw the werewolves, but found comfort in the fact that Wyatt was there. Strangely, I knew he wouldn't hurt me. Addison glanced at me. I shrugged, telling her I had no idea what was going on.

"Sorry, but this practice space is for cheerleaders only," Addison said, facing the pack.

Wynter scoffed. "Just try to get us to leave."

"Wynter." Wyatt stopped her. "Some respect."

"We don't want you to leave," I admitted. "We want you to stay."

"Show us what you can do," Addison agreed.

"The cheer team is for everyone," I reasoned.

Wyatt partnered with me as Addison led the group. They definitely knew how to dance. We put our hands in the middle of the circle, the wolves howling as we broke. Addison led as I was lifted into the air. It felt strange.

I jumped and Wyatt caught me in his arms, alone. I stared into his eyes for a moment, awestruck, before he gently set me down. He hugged me tightly as the group cheered. We worked great as a team.

"That was so amazing! You are all natural cheerleaders," Addison called.

Wyatt looked at Addison and me. "We wolves work well together."

"But we're not wolves," Addison and I said in unison.

"Shame," Wyatt commented.

Wynter started coughing, catching my attention immediately. I rushed over to her and held her. I gave her some of my energy, making her crystal shine blue again. She stayed in the hug before she assured me she was okay and got up.

Bucky walked over to us, clapping. "Well done, girls. With werewolves on cheer, this election is so in the bag."

"Bucky, this is not about politics," I snapped, almost growling it out.

"We always just felt like cheer could unite," Addison agreed.

"You two are going to make great cheer captains," Bucky commented.

"We're gonna be cheer captains!" Addison and I hugged in victory.

Wyatt was grinning when we pulled apart. Addison had an excited look in her eyes.

"I was thinking the team could move beyond trophies and we could start an outreach program-"

"Whoa," Bucky stopped her. "Cheer is what I say cheer's about. And it's about winning." He walked away as I glared at his back. He had no right to tell us what to do.

"You are leaders, girls." Wyatt held my hand in his. "But of something a lot greater than cheer."

Addison stared at him for a moment, but Wyatt was looking directly at me. I couldn't help but look back. I was drawn to him, almost. Time felt like it froze around us as my moonstone made me want to wolf out.

"You okay?" Wyatt asked, almost afraid to speak.

I snapped out of it, blinking a few times to clear my mind. "Yeah." I turned my attention to the squad. "Great work! Practice is over." I blew my whistle.

Everyone from the squad left. The wolves headed for the doors. Wyatt took my hand again, kissing it softly. I blushed brightly against my pale skin. Wyatt smirked and left with the other wolves. The fiery warmth on my cheeks was still there as I changed and headed back to my den for the night.