Chapter 17- School Spirit

I stood in front of our squad, grinning. I joined in the routine. Wyatt watched me, smiling.

We are the Mighty Shrimp

We wanna hear you shout

From the left and from the right

Turn up the volume now

We wanna lift you high

You'll never feel the ground

We'll get you up

We'll never stop

This is a hometown

We are the Mighty Shrimp

We wanna hear you shout

From the left and from the right

Turn up the volume now

We are the Mighty Shrimp

It's time to show you now

We got the stuff to light you up

It's getting hotter now

We're getting hotter now

It's getting hotter now

The cheerleaders set Addison and me down. I ran over to Wyatt, hugging him tightly.

"Hi." I smiled at my boyfriend.

"Hi," Wyatt replied. He kissed my forehead, making me blush.

Willa walked over to us as another meteor hit the atmosphere. Our moonstones glowed red. "Our moonstones are acting weird. Something big is happening."

"Something big is happening." Wyatt turned to his sister with a smile, holding up a flag. "Biggest football game in the universe."

"Just the biggest in Seabrook," Willa reasoned. She hissed at a face painter.

"Willa," I warned, wrapping an arm around her.

"Sorry, (Y/n)." Willa looked down. She was really trying to trust people.

"Come on," Wyatt begged. "You know how important a win is for all us monsters. Seabrook needs you, cheer wolf."

"You want a fierce werewolf leader to rally a football team?" Willa questioned.

"You know how to do it better than me. And I've been doing this for a while," I reasoned.

That night, the bus was ready, and we were hyped. Willa stood on top and howled.

"Let's tear these Eastside Eels apart. Destroy them!" Willa exclaimed. She scratched the top of the bus.

"Maybe just a bit too much school spirit," Wyatt said next to me.

"That's Willa," I reasoned.

"Get our Mighty Shrimp on this bus so we can defend our turf," Willa snapped. "No outsiders mess with our pack. Yeah! When you're from Seabrook, you are Seabrook!"

We chanted, waiting for the football team to arrive.

"I'm gonna miss you." Wyatt hugged my side quickly.

"Who's gonna miss her the most, Wyatt?" Zoe teased.

"Me." Wyatt stared into my eyes.

"Okay, everyone!" Addison announced.

"Let's give it up for our football team as they head off to victory!" I walked over to Addison, then pulled her away from the banner.

Bucky broke through and flipped. Like he was still the captain. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Shrimpy held a trophy in his hands. Smoke blew in our way, and the football team ran through. Wynter had recently joined, but Zed was able to hype her up. Unfortunately, that led to her running into the bus.

"Too much?" Wynter questioned, unaffected by the crash.

"Never too much! You do you!" Zed assured her.

"I love our pack." I sighed with a small smile on my face.

"I love-"

"(Y/n)!" Zed shouted, pointing to the Mountain College recruiter.

I smiled, motioning to go over.