Anti-Prom Night

Rose's POV

This last week flew by so quickly. It's finally Saturday and I'm super nervous considering I'm meeting all the pack tonight. Originally anti-prom sounded like a good idea, but maybe I should've taken Joel's original suggestion of waiting before meeting the pack. It just felt right to do it all on one night. Not only that but I will be completing the mating ceremony. Looking like I'm 6 months pregnant, I put on the white princess gown that Sophie helped me pick out. The top part is interwoven with small red and clear crystals while the bottom flares out so that my babies aren't squished. I truly look like I'm having a shotgun wedding at this point but I don't care. Sophie helps me finish putting on the gown and then sits me down to do my hair and makeup. She makes large, loose curls with my hair and puts it up in a high ponytail with a few tendrils framing my face. I'm wearing light purple eyeshadow, winged eyeliner, mascara and highlighter along with some reddish-mauve colored lipstick. The outfit is complete with some custom crystal flats that Sophie had made specially for this dress. A pregnant woman walking in heels sounded like a tragedy waiting to happen.

"You're absolutely stunning!" Sophie gushed when she finished putting the final touches on my face. I can't help the nervous smile that I shoot her way.

"Stop! They will all love you! So, we are getting the ceremony out of the way first so that you're free to dance and mingle with the pack members afterwards. You got this girl, all you have to do is smile and look pretty." She reassured me. I looked over her outfit which was gorgeous. She has her hair down in loose curls, a backless red silk dress, and a pair of red stilettos to match.

*knock knock knock*

"Are you ladies decent?" I hear Patricia on the other side of the door.

"Yes! Come in Pat!" I hollered out.

She entered the bedroom and her eyes grew comically wide.

"Oh my god you're the most stunning woman I've ever seen!" She praised me. I blushed like crazy at her compliment.

"Oh look at the time! Girls we need to head downstairs. Everyone has arrived and are waiting. Are you ready?" She asked me. I nodded and took her outstretched hand. Sophie stood on the other side of me and grabbed my other hand. I felt like a toddler being led by two adults, but hey I was nervous as fuck!

We approached the staircase that led to the grand hall and I looked down to see the room filled with all kinds of men, women and children. The party seemed to be going in full swing with waiters delivering trays of appetizers and beverages and people in small groups chatting amongst themselves. My eyes settled on the bottom of the staircase where Joel stood waiting. His hair was swept back with gel and he was wearing a black suit, red tie, white shirt and shiny black dress shoes. He looked absolutely scrumptious. When his eyes met mine I could see the adoration shining in them. He shot me a breath-taking smile and then turned towards the crowd that started to gather around and cleared his throat.

"Good evening! As you all know I have found my mate, let me introduce Miss Rosalie Canto!" Joel spoke out a few words and then I was met with cheers, applause and smiles. I slowly padded down the stairs trailed by Patricia and Sophie. When I reached the bottom Joel took my hand and raised it to his mouth to give the back a kiss. I beamed up at him and took his arm so that we could walk towards the throne room. Sebastian was kind enough to let us use this room for our ceremony. Since Joel and I have already marked and mated, all that was left to do was a blood oath and be inducted into the pack. With the power of the full moon tonight, it was the perfect night to hold this ceremony. I can't believe I'm about to be a luna. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing or what I'm supposed to do. Joel pulled me out of my thoughts by squeezing my hand. We walked into the throne room and my other mates were already in there along with Sebastian, Mason and Kat. Sophie immediately left my side to join Sebastian and I looked behind us at the closed door.