04

"Morning Tesoro, I've made pancakes!" Laura's warm voice tells me. Walking into the kitchen towards her, I am dressed in a simple black crop top, with some joggers with holes in it. The holes aren't from the style, I've just had them that long that they are breaking. "Thank you, Laura." I smile at her. I like her, ever since I got here, she has welcomed me and made me feel at home.

Hakan on the other hand is the complete opposite, I don't know whether he is acting like a dick because his mother's died, but that doesn't allow him to lay his anger and sadness onto me, I'm not a punching bag that he can use at any time of the day.

Talk about the devil and he will arrive. Grabbing a plate from the cupboard, I smell his aroma from behind me. "I thought you left." He states rather than questions. Turning around, I avoid eye contact with him, continuing to get my breakfast. "No, George wants me to stay, so I will stay." Before he can make more snarky remarks, with haste, I walk out of the kitchen, no longer wanting to be in his presence.

Heading to the dining room, George walks up to me. "Thanks." He says, making me momentarily bewildered, he snatches one of the pancakes off of my plate. "Hey!" I say, lightly slapping his arm playfully. A smile appears on his face. "Are you okay, since..." I decide not to finish my sentence since he slowly nods, understanding my question.

We both take a seat at the dining table, the same one as last night. "Honestly Athalia, I think for once, I am okay and I have sort of accepted that she is gone physically, but she will always be with me. So I think that I will be okay." Taking ahold of his hand, I interlock my hand through his, slightly rubbing his thumb, trying to make him find comfort and peace in me.

When my father passed, I didn't have anyone. I didn't have George or anyone to make me feel better or to ask me if I will be able to make it through the day. So I know that I will forever be next to George, because I know what it's like going through something severely tragic like this, and I would never wish it upon someone. It is like wishing for snow, waiting day upon day, until those days turn into weeks then them weeks turn into months, and then that's when you realise that it's too cold for snow, and only hail pours down on you.