07

Athalia's pov:

Today is the day, even though that I am not a fan of Hakan, I still want to make sure that both him, George and Laura are okay. I may have only just met them and Hakan and I may not be the best of friends, but he is protective over his family, and I kind of respect him for that.

When my father died, my mother was suppose to support us and guide us, but instead she ignored me and acted as if I didn't even exist to her. As if I was just a figure of her imagination and I would only come to life when she needed something, most likely money for drugs or even more alcohol.

But even though that she acted like this, I still made sure that she ate something, got dressed in the morning. And that is what Hakan is going through for his family. Once waking up from my 7am alarm, I hop in the shower and get dressed into a simple black funeral dress, with some black high tops to match.

I paired with some curly hair and I did some basic makeup, just the base. Walking out of my room, I walk past Hakan's room, it's still in the dark, nothing to be seen from the outside. Even though that George told me to never go in there, I can't help myself to make sure that he is okay. He may look all hard and aggressive on the outside, but on the inside he is like everyone else when they lose their mother.

Weak and clueless. His role model just died, no one would expect him to brush it off as if it was him falling over. I decide not to knock, if he knew it was me he would of never let me in. The room was pitch black, the bedding was dark, like a never ending black hole. The only light glistening in the room was the early sunrise coming from the open balcony.

Crackling comes from the nearby fire, I could feel the heat radiating of it from here. "What the fuck do you think you are doing in here?" his deep aggressive voice asserts. Turning around, I see him by the bathroom door in nothing but a towel. His hair is wet and dark. Water trickles over his abs and tall figure. "Um, I just wanted to make sure that you was okay since..." Attempting not to look in his direction, "I'm fine, now piss off."

"Are you sure you are fine? Because I have been in your shoes, I have lost my dad so I know how it feels to loose a loved one Hakan. You don't need to put the front up with me. I know how you feel." The room goes silent, we could only hear the fire crackling in the distance and the birds outside singing their magnificent tunes.

"When I say I am fine. It means stay out my fucking business and get the fuck away from me. Thank lord you are leaving today, I don't think I could go another day without doing something bad to you." In a way, him saying that kind of turned me on, but another part of me felt like he meant that he would kill me or something.

"Why do you always turn to violence for? You always say that you are going to kill me, but you never do. I am still standing here right now. What are you in? Some sort of cult?" Feeling his presence swim closer to me, it's not just the fire that is feeling like 100 degrees right now. "You really want to fucking know?" Without hesitation, I nod my head. "1000% sure, I want to know."

"I'm in the mafia. People call me the devil, the king of death and mayhem. I apparently leave destruction wherever I go. Well, they may be all myths, no one has actually managed to live to tell their story of how they managed to escape the big bad Hakan." My lips tremble, but for some reason, I am stuck in my tracks and I am not even slightly scared. Even though that he just told me that he kills people for fun and is the mafia king, it doesn't make me afraid of him. It does the opposite, it makes me pity him.

He must be under a lot of pressure. That's why he doesn't allow himself to be sad about anything, not even his mothers death. Because people will see weakness. I don't say anything, but I just open my arms and wrap them around his chest. I feel his warm body tense against me, as if he isn't used to this type of affection. "I'm sorry. You must be going through a lot right now."

"What are you doing? Aren't you scared of me?" Feeling his heart rate pick up in speed and the vibration of his voice booming throughout his body, it's like a song that only I have ever listened to, or had the chance to listen to. "No, I pity you Hakan, no one should be going through what you are feeling like right now. I may no understand your situation, but I know the type of pain you are going through and you shouldn't be going through it alone."

I pull away from his embrace, looking up at his eyes. For a couple of seconds, I see hurt and pain, but before I could embrace him once more, I hear his door fly open. Turning around, there is a random man standing at the door. "Oh sorry boss, was I interrupting something?" The man slightly giggles to himself .

He is around 6 foot tall. Tanned but has no tattoos, his hair is short and slicked back. He is wearing a black suit and it looks like he has something shiny in his waistband, possibly or more likely a gun. Hakan clears his throat and shakes his head. "No, Athalia is only leaving." The man's eyebrows raise, "Oh so you are the Athalia. Hi, I am Ethan. Hakan's best mate, and the better looking one of course." He extends his arm out, gripping my hand and raising it to his puckered mouth. "It's a pleasure to meet you beautiful."

"Thankyou. I should get going." I snatch my hand back from his touch, and turn and leave heading to George. I know he will be having a harder time than Hakan or Laura. He actually grew up with his mother and stood by her side until he left for university. I lightly knock on the door. "Who is it?"

My voice is quiet and calm, "It's me, Athalia." Hearing rustling comes from his room, the door opens fully, showing the bin full of used tissues. His eyes are red raw. His cheeks are still wet from the past fallen tears. Without hesitation, I absorb his weak figure. Feeling more tears shed from his eyes, fall onto my neck. A large pit in my stomach aches for him, he is going through some much pain right now. I wish I could take it from him, but I can't.

Slowly and surely, I slightly push us backwards into his room and towards his bed. I sit him down on his bed, still holding him. George is my safe space, he will always be my best friend, nothing absolutely nothing can stop us from being best friends. "It's okay George, get it all out." He whimpers a little before he manages to croak up something, "I love you Athalia, please don't leave me too."

Tears brim in my eyes, but I hold them back, I need to be strong for him. "I will never leave you George, I promise." He moves more towards me. He holds me tighter, as if I will vanish within seconds. We stay like that for a couple more moments before we hear Laura shout from downstairs that the limo is here for us to follow behind in.

"Come on George, I will stay right by your side. Okay..." He nods. Gripping his hand, I help him up and grab some tissue with my spare hand. I wipe his tears away from his cheeks and I lead him downstairs. Laura notices us and the state of George and nods with a slight smile in thanks. I pull a slight smile back in appreciation.

She is wearing a long black dress, with a slit in the leg, it matches with the hat she is wearing with a big black flower on the top. I notice some of her makeup rubbed off underneath her eyes, she has been crying too. I hate seeing people go through things like this. It brings me to pain myself.

I lead George to the car. Once stepping out the house, still holding George's hand tight and securely, I see Hakan speaking to the driver. He must notice me because he starts heading towards us. "Athalia, this isn't going to be the same as the funeral you go to, thousands of people are going to be here and if your not careful, you can get kidnapped or killed. So stay by either mine or George's side for the whole night. Okay." His voice demands. I nod, "I will." He then walks off back inside the house to Laura.

Me and George get into the car.

-Author's note-

Thankyou for reading, If you like the story so far, make sure to follow me here on Wattpad to get immediately notified as soon as I update. Thankyou.

-See you next chapter loves -