CHAPTOR 07: ROSE

It’s not a date. It’s not a date. It’s not a date. It. Is. Not. A. date. I kept telling myself that since we left the banquet. I was surprised that Ryan wanted to eat outside. We barely went out on dinners except for when Bree would invite us. None of us liked going out or socializing so I didn’t mind, I like being alone.

Although, as much as I am surprised that he’s taking me out, I’m also shook by what he said earlier when I asked if it was rude of us to leave—

Nobody will notice we left, sweetheart.
Sweetheart. He called me sweetheart. He never called me sweet names and not only the fact that he called me sweetheart tonight but he almost smiled.

This has to be a dream, Ryan can’t call me sweetheart and also almost smile in one night. Its too much to take.

I silently pinched my arm after Ryan and I took our places on our table.

“ow” yup, not a dream. This is real life. I’m having dinner outside with Ryan. He called me sweetheart and he almost smiled.

Am I dying? Is that why he’s being like this? Why don’t I know that I’m dying—maybe this is his way of telling me—oh my God, I’m dying—

Are you even listening to yourself?

I might sound dramatic but I don’t know what else to think. What else could be the reason of Ryan acting this way?—oh my God… did Bree make him do this?... sounds like something she would do. She hates it when Ryan doesn’t take me out and no matter how many times I’ve told her that I don’t mind, she doesn’t listen and neither does Ryan.

“Rose?” Ryan’s firm voice brought me back to my unbelievable reality “are you okay?” his eyes landed on my hand rubbing my arm. Pinched too hard.

“yeah, I’m okay” I said and picked up the menu.

Ryan picked a fancy restaurant based on our dressing which was fine. The restaurant wasn’t too fancy and wasn’t crowded as well, we picked a corner table away from all the other customers. Good thing. The restaurant was big enough to fit 50 to 60 people at once, the tables were round with red cloth over them with a black bow tied at the side of the table. Sofa chairs were placed to sit on and they were very comfortable, I almost melted into one. The whole restaurant was air conditioned and it was pretty cold. I should’ve brought my jacket.

“are you ready to order?” the waiter approached us with a notepad in hand.
Ryan placed down his menu and started to order “I’ll take a steak.”

“Alright,” the waiter wrote down Ryan’s order and turned towards me “and you ma’am?”

“I’ll get a bowl of alfredo pasta, thank you” I handed my menu to the waiter with a smile and got a smile in exchange.

“great, I’ll bring that as soon as possible till then you can decide your drinks” the waiter gave another warm smile which Ryan, of course, didn’t give back but I did before he left.

Its getting colder. I wrapped my arms around myself trying to warm myself but that didn’t help. i should go get my jacket from the car but I don’t want to leave him maybe if I rub my hands together, I’ll be fine—

“you’re cold” Ryan said making me look at him, he was looking at me.

“I’m fine” I said with a reassuring smile but he didn’t take it. He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it and took off his coat. He got up and walked behind my chair

“wear this, it’ll help” he helped me put on his coat and it did help. I was warm and comfortable. He went back to his seat.

“thank you”