CHAPTER 43: RYAN

I'm at Bree's house for Sarah's birthday.

She's turning 2 and have started to talk a little.

Finn looks very weird trying to talk to her.

"It's your birthday," Finn says to Sarah in a baby voice while she trails her tiny hand on his face like a clueless child.

She's probably weirded out by her own father.

"Stop creeping her out." I say.

Finn looks up "I'm not creeping her out."

I raise an eye brow. Finn picks up Sarah in his arms.

"This is how you talk to little kids." He says

"You can talk normally."

"I don't like you when you're moody. Then again, you're always moody."

I roll my eyes.

Sarah suddenly squeals. We look at her, she points at the salt shaker placed on the counter.

"Yum," she says

"That's yum when you put it in food," Finn says

Sarah looks at him, clueless.

"Yum," she says it again with a smile.

The corner of my lips lift up.

We hear the door unlock, our head turn towards the door as it opens.

The moment Bree walks in, Sarah screams in excitement, trying to get out of Finn's arms saying "mama!"

"Geez, kid, you see your mother everyday." Finn say, obviously offended.

"She sees you everyday as well." Bree points out as she takes Sarah in her arms.

"Well, I come home late." Finn says, rolling his eyes.

Bree chuckles and leans in to peck his cheeks.

I tear my eyes away from their affection.

I spot her.

Rose came in quietly- probably because she doesn't want me to notice her. But she knows better than anyone that I can notice her anywhere.

Right now, she's putting her shopping bags on the counter. She's wearing a white sweatshirt and black sweatpants paired with white converse.

While my eyes trail her body, I notice the pause in her movement for a second.

She knows I'm watching her.

The corner of my lips lift up. I probably look like a creep but she's still my wife. And always will be till the day I die.

Finn snaps his fingers in front of me, I glare at him.

"Did you hear a word I say?" He asks.

I didn't. I was busy staring at my wife.

Who will make sure to avoid you.

"Repeat it." I say

Finn sighs before saying "I need to prepare few things for the party, Bree is helping Sarah get ready. When she's done, can you look after her? Till Rose's ready?"

"Okay."

Finn blinks at me.

"Really? You'll take care of Sarah?"

I raise an eye brow "why is it so shocking for you?"

"She's a child."

"And?" Finn says nothing "Sarah and I have a unique bond- a bond you don't notice," I add when Finn tries to protest "I like spending time with her. She's different from other kids therefore she doesn't irritate me."