CHAPTER 23: RYAN

Rose is stunned.

As if I declared a world war or something.

I recall what I said in my head to make myself sure I didn't say something wrong.

We're going to Paris for our anniversary.

Sounds about right. Infact, if I told some other girl, she'd be squealing, packing and imagining stuff.

Rose is silent.

Our eyes are locked and her mouth is opened slightly. I'm fighting back the urge to taste her lips. I miss it. Even though we kissed few minutes ago.

"Rose?" I end up saying. She's still frozen staring at me "Rose?" I tilt my head and her eyes don't move a bit. "Sweetheart, say something."

Rose finally blinks, I smile.

"You.. wh.." she shakes her head "what did you just say?"

"We're going to Paris," I say and her eyes go wide "for our anniversary,"

"What- why- no, why?" She stutters

"Because we didn't go to a proper honeymoon."

"How did you even get tickets so fast?"

"I didn't."

She blinks "what?" I nod "how do you expect-"

"My private jet." I say and her mouth falls open. I frown "did you not know?"

"I.. I know you're rich- don't take offense," I shook my head "but I didn't know you were that rich."

"Did you agree to marry me because of my money?" I asked teasingly.

Her expression turned into pissed ones, I bit back my smile "you ruined my mood by just saying that,"

I chuckled and leaned in, I placed a soft kiss on her lips and found her smiling "did this change your mood?"

"You're a fucking romantic," she said pushing me away playfully

"Don't tell anyone,"

"Never. I only get to see this side,"

"No doubt."

She smiled then as if realization hit her, her expression changed "oh! You changed the subject!"

"I didn't." I said

"Yeah, okay, whatever." I smiled "we're really going to Paris?"

"Yes, sweetheart."

She grinned wider then threw herself at me, wrapping her arms around my neck. I didn't move.

"I'm excited," she said against my neck.

I finally wrapped my arms around her waist and sighed.

She pulled away after a bit and pecked my lips "I'm going to set up the table now. After dinner, we're going to pack, okay?"

"Okay."

She smiled then got up to set the table, I made my way upstairs.

Something about Rose makes me feel relaxed. Her hugs, her kisses, her talks, her touch, her everything is my comfort.

I never believed a person could be your comfort. But now I do, Rose is my comfort. My strength, my weakness, my everything.

I'd keep her safe with my life if I have to. And I will.