'Chapter 26'

Authors Note:

1k reads? Thank-you everyone for reading my story I hope you are enjoying it. This is the most reads I have ever gotten! I am trying to keep updating my story while juggling life and school in general so sorry if I am late in updating. I am trying to update every week but sorry if I miss a week! Once again a very big thank-you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The judge has overseen your case and has decided that under your situation you will let off easier. They have been informed that you were taken and forcefully worked into the organizations you were forced to work for but not fully. They have stated a mandatory therapy that will start once every week. Since you are technically a minor, being 18 years or younger, you have been situated with a family that will care for you and will be your legal guardians. They will care for you, give you all the necessities and more plus and education and every-" 

"No." I cut her off. "I don't want this." I sat forwards in my chair and watched as her face changed. 
"This information has been given to you from a judge, the person who saved you from being sent to jail or other worse sentences. You will have to learn to live under these-" 

"Then send me jail." I rolled my eyes. Anne looked at me with shock. 
"I don't want this I am perfectly fine here with Bucky, he has been caring for me and I am sure he will continue to do so." I stated. 

"I'm sorry, Lillianna. Your caretaker, or so you say, has a worse past than you. He has hurt and killed thousands, He should be in jail for all I know." She snapped. 

"Like I'm any better?" I sat up putting my hands on the table. 

"Do you know who I am, or the nicknames people call me? I am the Winter Soldiers accomplice, they chose me because I am deadly, more maybe than the Winter Soldier and yet you treat me like a helpless child. I wasn't given lessons on how to ride a bike or how to make friends. I was taught to shoot guns and kill people with a slight body movement. I could snap your neck before you even had time to get up and run." I leant forwards as I felt Bucky try and pull me back. 

"Okay that's enough," Steve said. "I think we need some air."

"I'm done!" I stood up and walked out of the office and straight to the roof. I needed air. I walked out into the morning air and took a breath. I heard someone come behind me. I ignored them and walked to the edge. 

"Don't go jumping on me." The voice said. I turned and sat down, watching as Tony came and sat next to me. 

"She is such a great person, why did you hire her?" I smiled sarcastically. 

"Well, firstly I didn't, she was given to us for this case. I didn't want her but here she is." 

"Well this isn't working." I mumbled. 

"She is on our side, try and work with her?" He asked. 

"If she was on my side, then why is she not listening to me and taking what my wants and needs are? Isn't that what lawyers are supposed to do?" I questioned. Tony shook his head. 

"Lillianna?" I turned and saw Steve standing there. 

"Come with me, Tony you go and help Bucky if you will?" He walked over and helped me up. He walked with me towards the elevator. 

"We are going to figure this out." He reassured. I nodded my head, hoping he was right because at the moment she was going to take me away. He took me to a little seating area and sat me down. I faced him and he smiled at me. 

"Bucky cannot live without you, we all know that." 
"And I never want to live without him." I smiled. 

"Would you want Bucky to be your guardian?" Steve asked. 

"More than anything." I smiled and Steve nodded his head. 

"You know back in the day Bucky always wanted a family, either a girl so he could help her with hair and beat up any boys that wronged her, or a boy he could teach sports to and how to get the girls." I chuckled, that Bucky sounds so optimistic. 

"Well, I am going to have to have a tough conversation with that lady." He pulled out his phone and typed something and then tucked it back into his pocket. 

"Wouldn't you rather I snap her neck or something?" I question, sarcasm layered thick in my voice. Steve shook his head. 

"Now we wouldn't want that now." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Bucky POV)

I sat starring at Anne, who was calling someone with her phone, I could see her clearly through the glass. I heard the door open then shut. 

"So, you need help." I looked up and saw Tony. 

"I'll take anything I could get." I sigh. 

"Is that your one wish James?" He asked in an annoying voice. I looked up at him and then back down at the table where a file on Lillianna was. She looked so happy in the first photo, that was sitting there, she was a young girl about to be cycled through the Red Room. If only I was there to protect her and stop all the bad things from happening. 

"I guess it is." When I came here Tony offered a one and only wish that I could could use and he would help me with it. Tony sat down next to me and then checked his phone. 

"Lillianna says that she would take you to be a legal guardian. Would you want that?" He asked. I thought for a moment. I would be her guardian, I would be caring for and protecting for her. A smile started forming at my lips. 

"Yes, I would want that very much!" I exclaimed. 

"Okay, well I'll get that sorted." He dialed a number on his phone and then stepped outside. I saw Steve and Lillianna step out of the elevator and immediately I got up myself and walked out. I smiled when I saw Lillianna run up to me and she threw her arms around my neck. I hung onto her and swung her legs around. 

"You want me to be your guardian?" I asked into her ear.

"Your already like a father to me Bucky! Of course I would!" She smiled. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Time skip)

(Bucky POV)

I picked up the pen and signed my name at the bottom of the last sheet. After I finished I had successfully became her guardian, legally. I added the 'y' and then placed the pen onto the table, a large smile on my face as Lillianna rested her head on my shoulder. I smiled widely at Steve in front of me and then my face changed when I saw Anne staring at me. 

"You remember everything you need to do?" She asked. 

"Yes I do, mandatory therapy every week with the therapist that has been assigned. She will also be given an education if she so wished either online or at school in person." I answered. 

"Well there you go Anne, no need for the legal parenting family anymore!" Tony said, pushing the large stack of pages to her and smiling. 

"My assistant will escorted you out of my building, immediately. Thanks." 
"Always a pleasure, Mr. Stark." She growled through her teeth. She picked herself up and grabbed the papers off the desk and I watched as one of Tony's assistances lead her out of the room and to the elevator. 

"Thank-you Tony and Steve!" Lillianna smiled at Tony and then Steve. 

"Anytime, well if this family assassin stuff is over I will be off." Tony raced out of the room, especially after that comment.