'Chapter 38'

I woke up bright and early on Tuesday and climber out of bed. We were going at 8:00am to Thailand. Other SHIELD agents had packed my bags for the mission. I walked out to the Kitchen to see Steve, Bucky, Natasha and Yelena. they smiled to me as I walked in. I grabbed a coffee off the bench and took a sip.

"Morning doll, are you ready for the mission?" Bucky asked me as I walked over and sad down. I nodded.

"Yeah, all good and packed." I had packed all my papers and things extra for the mission.

"That's good." Steve smiled. I sat next to Yelena.
"So you understand the mission? You know what to expect how to go through with it all and everything. The right weapons?" Natasha asked us. I nodded as Yelena rolled her eyes.

"God you are such a mom," She scoffed.

"Yeah well, you can deal with it. Its getting close to eight so you better get ready." Natasha said sipping her last part of her coffee. I skulled the rest of my coffee and then grabbed it and put in the dishwasher. Bucky stood up and walked over to me.

"I gotta get my stuff before I go." I said to him.
"That can wait." He pulled me into a hug, his arms wrapping around me and pulling me into his chest. His smell making me feel safe. I wrapped my hands around his waist.

"Promise me you'll be okay?" He said, resting his head on mine.

"I'll be fine, I'll be back before you know it." I smiled. I looked up to him and he smiled down at me. He then lent down and pressed a kiss onto my forehead.

"I know. You should probably get your stuff." He said pulling away. I smiled and nodded. I walked back to my room and grabbed my stuff before walking to the elevator where I was meet by the group in the kitchen plus Sam. I smiled at them and got inside. We rode the elevator up to the top where a quin jet was awaiting us. We walked up to where Fury was and he smiled.

"Are you ready agents, say your goodbyes wings up in five." He said walking onto the jet. I turned to Sam first.

"I'll see you later, bird brain." I smiled.

"Be safe, you come back he needs you." He looked to Bucky. I nodded.

"I'll be fine, and I will be back don't worry." I smiled. He walked away with a final head nod before turning to Bucky. He pulled me into another hug.

"Be good, complete your mission I know you got this."
"Course I got it." I smiled pulling away.

"I know you do, doll." He pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"I love you doll."

"Love you too Bucky." I smiled at him and pulled him away, walking to the quin jet. I saw hi saying goodbye to Steve and I waved at him and smiled as the doors shut and took a seat.

"We ready for this?" I asked Yelena who nodded.

"Yeah, we got this." She smiled.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(20 hrs Later)

I wake up and jolt from the table that was in the middle of the plane. I unstuck a piece of paper I was working on from my face and looked at it. I had finished it completely and the extension. I stacked my papers and put them into a pile before returning them to my bag. I looked to my left and saw Yelena fast asleep in the bed. I stood up and awoke her, by tapping her arm gently. She shoot up.

"What what what?" She asked, her eyes still half asleep.

"We're here, get your stuff." I smiled helping her up. I stood up and grabbed all my things getting off the jet with Yelena and Steve behind me. A car awaited for us, all black. We put our stuff away and clambered inside.

I sat Next to Yelena and Steve. I held my phone in my hand and pulled it out when no one was looking and snapped a photo. I put my phone down and looked at my recent photos and saw one of me, Yelena and Steve. I was smiling, showing my teeth, Yelena had spotted the photo and saw glaring at the camera with her tongue out and Steve was starring off into space.

I smiled at it and then sent it to Bucky. I waited and watched as Maria got into the car. She sat down in front of us and the car started.

"Right now, we are in the main city / town where this mission will take place. I have your files, inside will contain your main objective and your main target. Yes, you each have a different target and somewhat similar but different objectives. you will also find the floorplan of the boat and then men who are on the boats fighting techniques and how to handle them." She handled three Manlia folders to each of us."

"Just in case there are 3 extra ways to handle this mission in case something goes wrong which I am sure it won't. This car ride will take about an hour and you will have the rest of today and tomorrow to prep for the mission. Take you time, do your homework and please, your in Thailand so go and do something make the most of it." She smiled handing us the key cards to our hotel rooms. I took mine, I was sharing with Yelena.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I starred out at the view in front of me. Rows of huts and villas lay in front of us over looking the view of the waves gently lapping on the sandy beaches. The boat jolted forwards knocking me over, I grabbed onto the rail in front of me.

"Careful, wouldn't want to push you over the edge." Steve chuckled starring at me.

"I've been thinking of pushing you over the edge Rodgers, don't make me actually consider it." I laughed back, I heard Yelena chuckle under her breath.

The boat pulled up at the shore and I jumped off the boat, my feet swimming in the clear blue water. I got my bag from Steve and walked up the sand to where a path lay. Maria had left us at the car when we transferred to a boat. I followed the wooden signs to a reception.

Thai girls meet us and introduced us to the hotel, offering cold towels and a drink, the humidity hotter than that of New York. I definitely felt a sweat starting on my back. Steve signed all the paper work and soon they lead us to our rooms. We lugged our cases up some stairs and tapped into our rooms. Me and Yelena were sharing and Steve had one to himself. I dumped my bag onto a bag place and opened it changing into something to suit the heat. I didn't choose my outfit according.

"Yelena, get changed into your swimmers lets go swimming, they have an infinity pool." I whin, seeing her half asleep on the bed. I gave her a brochure I picked up and she starred at it.

"You heard what Maria said, we have homework." She said pointing to our files.

"Later come on while the sun's still up!" I grabbed her arm and pushed her towards her bag for her to get changed. I grabbed a towel and map. I then grabbed a card and my key, putting sunscreen onto my cheeks and nose and then making my way out, Yelena close behind.

We walked aimlessly till I heard Yelena gasp. I turned and saw her B-lining towards a place with multiple chairs and a blue pool that seemed to meet into the sea water. I followed her, dumping my towel and coverup onto a near by seat and diving into the blue water.

I sighed, feeling the air escape my mouth and float to the surface. I kicked my legs towards one of the walls and I felt my body rise to the top. I emerged to look out in front of me to see the endless blue water of the sea in front of me. The sun was beating down onto my face and I smiled. 'This was paradise.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------