Chapter 6

"Who are you?" Hana asked but Kate didn't even glance at her as if she was just some lowly creature.

"How did you get in here? As far as I remember, father already divorced your mother and already disowned you so how come you're here?" Kate said mockingly but before Zerhica can answer, she opened her mouth again. "Did you sell your body to a rich old businessman? That's why you were also invited here?"

"How dare you?! Did you know who you're talking to?" Hana said angrily and tried to punch Kate in the face but Zerhica stopped her.

"Yes, I know this lowly slut. Who are you anyway? Do YOU know who I am?" Kate shout back at her. People started to look their way, watching the drama that is happening.

Zerhica massaged her forehead as she listen to Hana and Kate fighting. She only wants to attend this party to meet Mr. Miharo out of curiosity. It was never in her plan to start bickering with her step-sister.

"What's going on here?" said a familiar voice.

'Great' Zerhica sighed before she looked in the direction of her older sister, Lilia walking side by side with her fiance Lucas.

"Zerhica?" Lilia asked in her gentle voice that can almost melt your heart.

"Sister" Zerhica greets her with a nod.

"These two were your sister?" Hana asked when she heard me call Kate and Lilia my sister.

"Yes"

"Wow, It must have been tough living with these two" Kate's and Lilia's faces suddenly turn sour when they heard what Hana said. Zerhica couldn't stop the smile that was forming in her lips.

"I know Zerhica that you hated our father for not doting on you enough and I am very sorry for that but doing this won't change the fact that you made our parents divorce and our father has no choice but to disown you"

With that being said by Lilia, People suddenly look at Zerhica with disdain. With Lilia's words, It suddenly looked like that Zerhica is a very rebellious daughter that causes her parents to divorce and ruin their family.

"She made her parents divorce? Wow, what a great daughter"

"Such an Ingrate, who is she anyway?"

"Why is someone like her invited to this party?"

Zerhica laughed to herself. It was always like this. Even in her past life, Lilia always had a way to make Zerhica look so low with just her words and every time, Zerhica doesn't have anything to say to refute her words.

"Is it true sister Zerhica?" Hana whispered at her.

Zerhica smiled at her before she shook her head. It is true that she made her parents divorce but not in the way everyone thinks. Her father never treated her mother nicely and was always bringing women into their home as if he was not a married man. That's the main reason why Zerhica made sure that all the relationships between her mother and father were cut off as well as hers and her father.

"It was not me who caused their divorce but father"

"You're still going to deny it? What a thick face" Kate said, intentionally raising the volume of her voice so every person in the event hall can hear.

"The divorce won't happen if father treated my mother nice and never bought his mistresses at home" Zerhica said, now everyone's attention was focused on them whispering to each other about the big scandal that was happening in front of them.

"Mr. Lionheart bought mistresses at his own house? What a scum"

When Lilia heard those words and the gossip of the people around them, a sudden panic emerged in her eyes but soon disappeared in a slip second. No one knows the truth and she's sure that people will believe her more than her sister Zerhica.

"How can you say such things about our father Zerhica? We all know that it is YOUR mother that cheated so stop saying lies just to slander our father's reputation." Lilia said before wiping her crocodile tears and hugging Lucas that was standing beside her. Lucas' body suddenly turned stiff then slowly, he reached his hands and pat Lilia in her hair but his gaze was glued to Zerhica.

Zerhica scoffed. "Lies?" She signaled Nora to come before getting the mini tablet where all her files were stored.

Zerhica opened the mini-tablet before showing the files to Kate and Lilia's direction. Those are pictures of her father with different women entering a hotel, leaving a bar, and even entering the Lionheart mansion.

"Am I the one lying?" Zerhica laugh bitterly before holding Hana's hand and leaving the startled Kate and Lilia alone.

Zerhica never intended to show those shameful pictures to anyone as she still has some respect for her own father but now that they started attacking her and her mother, She won't just sit still and watch them do what they want.

"You're so awesome sister Zerhica" Hana said as she let herself be dragged by Zerhica. She was blinded by Zerhica's confidence and calmness in handling the situation and it only risen her respect for her.

"I wouldn't call arguing with my sisters awesome" Zerhica sighed before she sat down at an empty table. They have been standing this whole time and it made her ankle hurt.

"Still... I think you are so awesome, no wonder you're one of the youngest millionaires the world has ever had."

The people slowly started to disperse and continued what they were doing before the drama unfold but people still kept on talking about the family issues the Lionheart have.

Veron left the washroom and entered the event hall again but he couldn't help himself but notice the unusual stare of the people around him. Their gaze was full of judgment and disdain as they watch him walk towards the table where his favorite daughters sit.

"What's with these people staring at me as if I stole their treasured money" Veron said before sitting down beside Kate. "I see you're here too, Lucas. You're getting along with my daughter quite well"

Veron didn't seem to notice the awkwardness around him as he kept on talking.

"Zerhica is here" Lilia said making her father stop talking.

"What?" Veron asked, unsure if he heard his daughter right but before Lilia can answer, The lights in the room dimmed and only the spotlight on the stage was shining bright.

"Good evening everyone, I hope you are enjoying the party" The party organizer, Mr. Himton said through the mic.

"As an appreciation for attending the party, We invited Mr. Miharo to play the piano for us as he was also known as a good pianist"

"Oh! That's him my brother" Hana said pointing in the direction of the stage. Zerhica looked in the direction she was pointing at and there she saw, walking up the stage a tall man wearing a black Americana. He is very tall and quite muscular. His hair was black and quite messy while his face was as handsome as a supermodel. His nose here pointed, his lips were thin and his beautiful Phoenix eyes were as black as the night sky.

Zerhica was in a trance as she stare at the handsome man, She had seen him before on the TV and in a few magazines and also from afar but seeing him quite close was on a whole different level.

Zerhica shook her head. She can't fantasize about this man. After a year, Zerhica remembered that Miharo will meet Jane, the number one beauty in the west and he will love him dearly and will be very loyal to her. She can only gaze at this handsome man from afar because someone else is already destined to be his wife.