Chapter 10

Zerhica slowly opened her eyes when she felt the sunshine on her face. She knitted her brows due to the sudden brightness coming from the window before she get up from the soft bed.

She look at her surroundings and realize that she was in an unfamiliar bedroom then she remembered what happened before she fall asleep.

She remembered being kidnapped and then being rescued by Miharo which is very surprising. She and Miharo just met once and yet he troubled himself by saving her and even carrying her which made Zerhica's face turn red.

How embarrassing, He'd witnessed her being in such a situation and now she didn't know how to face him.

Zerhica remove the blanket that was covering her and then moved to the edge of the bed but before she could stand up, the door opened and her mother come in.

"You're awake" Sarah said before breathing a sigh of relief. Zerhica has been sleeping for almost 24 hours so she was worried and was planning to wake her up but then she saw her daughter sitting in the bed looking at her with confusion as soon as she entered the bedroom.

"Where are we?" Zerhica asked while checking out the room she was in. It was a very massive room with high ceiling dangled with a chandelier. The floor is tiled and the furniture in the room was obviously expensive just by the look of it.

"We're in your friends house, you're friend called me and told me what happened to you. Did you know how worried I was?"

"Friend?" Zerhica asked trying to think who this friend her mother was talking about but before she could think deeply about it, the door opened again and Hana entered.

"You're awake!" Hana said enthusiastically before running towards her and hugging her tightly. Zerhica groaned when she felt pain in her shoulder which was still covered with bandage.

Hana froze when she heard Zerhica groan in pain then immediately move back and apologize.

"Is this your house?" Zerhica asked gently rubbing her hurting shoulder.

"Yes, Brother brought you here yesterday unconscious. We were really surprised since it's the first time that brother brought a girl home and the fact that you were unconscious and bleeding made us feel horrified"

Zerhica laugh but then asked. "Why did he bring me here instead of the hospital?"

Hana shrugged. "We have a family doctor living here with us and he's quite more skillful than an average doctor."

Zerhica just nodded her head before looking at her mother who was standing at the door smiling at her. "Why are you smiling?"

Sarah shook her head before saying: "I'm just happy you found yourself a friend and a boyfriend"

"Boyfriend?"

"I told your mom that my brother is your boyfriend" Hana whispered making Zerhica's head hurt.

"He's not my boyfriend mom"

'Though I wouldn't mind if he is' Zerhica whispered to herself before asking Hana: "Where is your brother anyway? I want to thank him for saving me."

Zerhica wasn't so sure if it was just her imagination but she notice that Hana become Uncomfortable when she asked that. "Well... He's um... He's chasing the one who did this to you"

Zerhica's brows furrowed. "What do you mean?"

"Well... you see... The one who's behind all this was your father and sisters so my brother is making sure that they will pay for it"