Chapter 5

Y/n pov

    Peter and I make our way to the kitchen it's about 5 o'clock. As we make our way to the kitchen we see Wanda making dinner with Vision. "What is this heavenly smell?" Peter asks. "This is pot roast." she says. "It's very popular in Germany and Sokovia." Vision adds. Then Bucky and Steve walk in. "Hey guys. Wow it smells incredible!" Steve exclaims. Bucky then walks up to me. "Hey what happened to your hand?" he asks with worry. "Oh it's fine." I answer. "She was boxing for three hours straight!" Peter says. "Three hours!" Bucky exclaims. "Sorry." I whisper.

    "It's ok I'm not mad I'm impressed." Bucky says. "And I talked to Steve. We think we might be able to find your folder and find out who you really are and where you're from." Bucky adds. My eyes widen, I don't know if I should be excited, scared, or what. What if I didn't have a family, what if they sold me to HYDRA, what if "I know you must be scared but whatever it is, it won't change the way I see you." Bucky says. "Thank you." I reply.

    "Guys dinner is ready!" Peter shouts. "Friday please tell everyone that dinner is ready." Wanda asks. We go to sit down, Bucky to my left and Peter to my right. Nat and Clint are the first ones, then followed by Bruce and Thor, then Tony. "Peter, what are you doing sitting with her? Did she hurt you?" Tony asks. "Uhh no and I'm sitting with her because she's new! Also we spent the afternoon together." Peter responds. Tony scoffs and sits down.

    "Can I get you some?" Bucky asks, referring to the food. "Sure." He puts some meat, veggies, and broth in my bowl. "Is this good?" He asks, and I nod. I'm not hungry and don't want to eat but I don't want to be weird. The first bite took me back to something I once new. I get a quick flash of a family sitting at the dinner table then it's gone. "Y/n you ok?" Bucky asks. "What?" I question. "You seemed out of it or like something was on your mind." Bucky says. "I'm good, I think I might actually go to bed soon." I say.

    "Ok. Are you sure you're feeling alright though?" Bucky asks. "Yeah I'm fine." I say. I get up to leave and go to my room. Once I'm in my room I start doing my routine that I would do at HYDRA. Once I finish that up I go to the closet to pick out some clothes to wear but only find a bra and some underwear. Then I think of who would have some clothes. "Friday, where is Natasha's room?" I ask. "Floor 80 room 5." She replies. As I make my way down I hear Tony. "Peter, I don't want you near Y/n." Tony says. "Why not? She's really cool and super nice." Peter says. "She's dangerous and I don't want you getting hurt." Tony replies. I decide to leave and continue to Nat's room.

    I go to knock and the door opens. "Oh hey Y/n, can I help you?" she asks. "Uhh do you have any clothes I can borrow?" I ask. "Oh yeah of course!" she answers. She invites me in and she is going through her closet. She hands me a muscle shirt and a pair of gray sweat pants. "Thank you." I said. "No problem." she replies. I leave and head back to my room to get a shower. I turn the shower to the coldest it can get. Once I'm done the shower the clock reads 2:46 am. I'm not going to bed. I don't want to have any dreams. So instead I go to the balcony and lay down looking at the sky.

    Suddenly I hear a scream. I jolt up and go into my room. Then I hear another one coming from the room next to me. I realize it's Bucky's voice and go into his room to see him tossing and turning on his bed. Then Steve comes into the room. He quickly rushes to Bucky's side. "Hey wake up Buck it's just a dream it's not really! You're here in New York, you're safe, you're not at HYDRA!" Steve says, trying to calm him down. Suddenly Bucky jolts up not saying a word or moving at all. "Buck? Are you ok?" Steve asks.

    Suddenly he grabs Steve's throat and throws him against the wall. I quickly go to see if Steve is ok when Bucky grabs me by the shirt. I grab his arm and twist it with my medal one. He hisses and goes through a punch that I dodge. "Bucky snap out of it." I hear Steve say. "Y/n he's reliving a nightmare try and say something that only you two know." Steve says. Meanwhile, he pinned me to the wall. I try to think of something when suddenly it hits me. "You had a sister you told me about." I say in Russian, Bucky freezes for a second. Then he hits me right in the nose. "Her name was Rebecca and you would take her out for breakfast once a month." I say in Russian.

    At this he seems to be back to himself. "Y/n? Steve? Oh no I'm so so sorry I didn't mean to hurt you guys." Bucky pleads. "It's ok Buck your back now." Steve says comforting him. "Y/n I'm so sorry." Bucky says. I go to wipe my bloody nose, "Really why are you apologizing? I mean after all the times I kicked your ass and or put you in the hospital. Please." I say and he laughs. I feel a sense of comfort when I'm with him. He makes me feel safe. "I'm going to head back. See you in the morning." I say and go back to my room. As I enter I look at the clock that now reads 4:19 am. Another day has now gone by.