0.2

❝Fear is the enemy of logic

Fear is the enemy of logic.

FRANK SINATRA

0.2 : chocolate chip cookies

OR

season 3, episode 20 : lo-fi

AMY WINEHOUSE, COOKIE DOUGH, AND COZY SWEATS. THAT'S THE KEY TO A GOOD SUNDAY NIGHT RIGHT THERE. Fin licks the spoon contentedly, her eyes closed, and sighs. "Ah, Jack, Rose. Chocolate chip is the king of cookies, I have to say it."

Jack and Rose don't say anything, but she didn't expect them to. They're ladybugs, they don't talk. They've lived in the corner between her wall and ceiling for the past month, and she doesn't suspect that they're leaving any time soon, so she's named them and she leaves food out for them when she's gone. Cats and dogs are too expensive; why buy one when you can have ladybugs?

After three weeks at the BAU, things are starting to feel normal. Fin's been on two cases, a stalker in Baltimore and a resurfaced serial in Roanoke. Both home cases, both over relatively quickly. It was a nice "welcome to the BAU" in Fin's opinion. She's gotten to know the team, but she's not quite sure she's completely earned their trust yet, especially not Agent Hotchner.

From what Fin can tell, he's a type C personality. Logical, stoic, controlling, detail-oriented. He's a perfect leader on paper, but she has yet to see him smile or show any emotion at all, actually. He's barely spoken to her at all, and she knows he'll be the hardest team member to win over. But she's confident that with time, she can do it.

Everyone else has warmed up to her just fine, especially after she beat Emily at cards and Morgan to a '90s R&B reference. Two things Fin's good at: blackjack and Destiny's Child. Even Dr. Reid--or Spencer, as she's come to call him; the last name thing isn't really her cup of tea--seems interested in her.

She slides the cookie sheet into the oven, moving her hips in time to "Tears Dry On Their Own" and then it happens. Her phone rings.

"Oh, please be Grandma or Lars or anyone other than JJ," Fin groans, wiping her hands on a towel and looking at the screen. "God, of course it's JJ." She presses ACCEPT and holds the phone to her ear. "Jaj, I hope you know you're interrupting the baking time of my world-renowned chocolate chip cookies."

A quiet chuckle from the other end. "Sorry, Fin. I was about to leave, too, but Hotch says we have a case."

"Don't you usually decide when we have a case?" Fin asks, leaning back against the counter. JJ's the media liaison, so all cases typically come through her and she decides which ones the BAU takes and when.