Chapter 2

Before I can even collect my thoughts and decide if I'm annoyed with Brianna or not, the doorbell rings. I quickly comb through my long brown hair and toss my half-packed bag to the side. *shit..*
As I speed-walk to the door, I can feel my heart quicken. I reach the door and take a deep breath before opening the door hesitantly; not knowing who she has brought with her. Brianna pushes through with a large grin on her face and quickly gives me a hug.

"So, Kaitlyn, this is Connor," she says with a smile. She motions over to him, who is staring me directly in the eye with one of those I-don't-what-to-do-so-I'm-just-going-to-smile-awkwardly kind of faces. I laugh a bit and look towards Brianna. She laughs and waves her hand in front of his face.

"Oh, sorry. I was lost in thought, I'm Connor," he says, reaching a hand out to me. I take it and we shake hands,

"Nice to meet you Connor," I say, unimpressed. Why would Brianna bring someone just as awkward as me, if not more so, to my house? Brianna looks at me for a second, smiling, and says, "Let's get packing!"
I nod in agreement, Thank god we're moving on from that awkwardness. I nearly forgot the whole point of them coming over.

  The rest of the packing is goes by fairly quickly, since I have such few items to begin with. We all shove into Brianna's car and head to Connor's house to drop him off. The entire ride is complete silence with a few awkward glances from Connor. We arrive at his house and I see his bright red Camaro parked in his driveway. As soon as he leaves, I turn to stare at Brianna.

"What the hell was that?" I ask her.

She laughs, "That was Connor. Trust me, he's a nice guy once you get to know him."

"Nice? He doesn't even talk! Where'd you find this one anyway?"

She rolls her eyes, "Connor was an old friend from high school. We used to be really close friends, but he moved to New York," she sighs, "Sadly, his parents were killed in a car accident there," she pauses and looks down,"He moved back here after that. I guess that's why he doesn't talk very much. He doesn't want to get too attached just to have to leave again in the future."

My mouth hangs open in awe. How could I be so quick to judge? I never seem to think things through...

"I'm sorry Brianna. I wouldn't have said anything if I had known."

She shakes her head, "Don't worry about it, he'll open up to you soon, I'm sure." She gives me a hopeful half-smile and stares back at the road. The rest of the ride is silent.