Chapter 12

I think that I've finally gotten away. I'm in the middle of the forest and he's nowhere to be seen. I look up at the sky, and the sun is starting to rise, signalling a new day has begun. It makes me realize that I need a place to hide, before it gets too bright out.

*Ring-Ring!*

I painfully adjust myself so I can reach my pocket. I pull out my phone, and see the call is from Connor. I quietly answer it,

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey, are you still available for breakfast today?" Connor asks.

Oh my god, I completely forgot..

"I'm so sorry Connor. I'm in a bit of a situation right now," I say.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"I'm on my parents island...Tyler is here," I say quietly.

"How did he find you?" he asks.

"I'm not sure..." I say. But then I remember. I gave him my number in the bar, "He probably tracked my phone."

"Oh my god, Kaitlin...I'm calling the cops now. I'm going to find you. I'll be there as soon as I can. Ill call you in an hour to check on you," he says.

"No its too dangero--"

He hangs up. Ending the call. This is far too dangerous for him. A chill runs up my spine when I think of the torterous things Tyler could do to him. If he comes to this island, he could die. And, again it would be all my fault.

My mind begins to race through the various murder scenarios that could happen to Connor. I barely know him, and he's coming to save me. He does mean good intentions, but this is something that is far beyond his reach. I'm not sure him coming here will help either of us.

I place the phone back into my pocket. With only half of the battery left, I'm not sure how long it will last. I take my phone back out, remove the battery, and slide both parts back into my pocket. Ill put it back in, in an hour so Connor can get a hold of me if he tries to call again.

The sudden *crack* of a branch behind me makes me instinctly turn my head. There is not a thing in sight. Not even a shadow. I put my hands behind me and pull myself further into the forest. I take a deep breath and try to relax.

I wipe a drop of sweat from my forehead and feel the sudden grasp of hands around my mouth. My head jerks back at the sudden pull. I feel a cloth-like object around my mouth and slowly everything goes black. . .