Coffee date:)

Word count - 1931
I woke up with a pounding headache, and as I stumbled into the kitchen, I found Novak cooking breakfast. I sat down and started serving myself eggs and sausage, ready to enjoy the meal, but Novak interrupted by posing some questions.

Novak: "You don't really live up to your stories, do you?" she asked, her voice filled with curiosity.

Ernst: "What do you mean?" I replied, puzzled by her statement.

Novak: "Well, Frost told me that you're practically the Grim Reaper. In Ukraine, you single-handedly halted the Azov battalion attacks, and in Afghanistan, you saved everyone's lives after a helicopter crash. But when I'm around you, I feel safe, and I sense that you're a good guy."

Ernst: I sighed heavily. "I'm not a good guy. I've done terrible things for this company—things that no one knows about and things that I can't be forgiven for. Every day, I'm haunted by the horrors of my past. I don't see any way out of this company, and I'll most likely die fighting for it. So, drop it."

Novak: She looked at me with determination. "You may believe that, but I don't. There's a good man inside you, but he's wrestling with a giant."

Unable to handle her words, I stormed out of the house and got into the truck, speeding towards nevermore. Novak's thoughts lingered in my mind—did she truly think I was a good man, or was it all just false hope? As I approached the road to nevermore, I made a turn and stopped outside the gates. Two stone gargoyles stared back at me, and I couldn't help but recall Philips' words, wondering if they were mere decorations or something more sinister.

The gates swung open, beckoning me forward, and I drove into the entrance. The sight of the grand staircase leading to the imposing doors greeted me, and there, descending the stairs, was Enid. She ran down with a skip in her step, wearing a rainbow-colored sweater and a vibrant hairpin, her face beaming with joy. I stepped out of the truck and opened the passenger door for Her, but my attention was caught by Enid's friend, who was also descending the stairs. Before I could process my thoughts, Enid spoke up.

Enid: "How gentlemanly of you. Sorry, I tried to come alone, but Wednesday insisted on coming with me. Hope you don't mind."

Ernst: "It's alright, the more the merrier. I'm happy to meet your friends."

With a fake smile, I closed the door for Enid and noticed Wednesday approaching. Sensing her gloomy presence and commanding attitude, I walked over to the driver's seat, and as Enid unlocked the door for me, I got in the truck and drove away. That's when Wednesday spoke up.

Wednesday: "I could have opened the door for myself. I appreciate the gesture, but I don't need your help."

Enid: "Uh, Wednesday, just remember you wanted to come along. Ernst is a sweet guy. You might learn something from him."

Ernst: "Don't worry about it, Enid. It's not a big deal. Now I know not to open the door for you, but Wednesday, if you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask. Any friend of Enid is a friend of mine."

Enid: "Aww, that's so sweet of you, Ernst. See, Wednesday, I was right."

Ernst: "Right about what?"

Enid: "Oh, nothing. Just that you would be happy to help give her a ride to town. The principal rejected her travel privileges."