The story behind it all

Jaz woke up to the sound of a body slamming into the forcefield of her cell. Since Jaz's scan they'd led Arrow away to. He'd even managed to overcome them in the lab before the Raptors beat him back down and dragged him back. That was hours ago and now it was Canary's turn. This time the thugs working the lab had Raptor bodyguards to escort them but that hadn't stopped her from sending both men flying.

The two Raptors surged into the cell. She dodged and danced around them landing strikes with a knife she'd stolen from one of the thugs. She was fast and nimble twisting out of the way of their strikes before using their momentum to knock them off balance. Canary kicked off the wall leaping over the head of one of the Raptors onto the shoulder of the other sinking the knife between the chinks in its armor. Before it hit the ground, she was in the air again slamming the head of final Raptor into the wall it behind it. She ducked as its tail swung harmlessly above her head before lunging forward to sink the knife into a weak spot on its face from where its armor had been damaged. While the fight was happening one of the thugs had called for backup on his radio and by the time the two Raptors had fallen four more were pouring through the door. One had a taser at the end of its tail that it used to try to stab at Canary. She backflipped out of the way landing in front of the the back wall of her cell. She was cornered but no doubt crossed her face.

"I'm waiting boys," She goaded them. The cell was only large enough for two of them to surge in while the other two crowded the door cutting off Jaz's view of the fight. They stabbed and slashed into the cell with their tails, especially the one with the taser. Jaz could hear when it managed to finally land a hit. Canary cried out but a moment later Jaz's hope was rekindled that she could win this fight when one of the Raptors in the cell slammed into the two at the door. Canary vaulted over the three of them but the taster tail grabbed onto her leg mid leap shocking her in the air. She landed in a heap as electricity surged through her body and she grit her teeth trying to get back up.

By now both Jaz and Arrow were at the front of their cells yelling for them to stop. Canary tried to stand back up multiple times, collapsing into a heap on each attempt until she couldn't lift herself off the floor. Only then did it stop electrocuting her. Two Raptors lifted her by the arms. Jaz watched in horror as they dragged the Black Canary away, her head rolling limply side to side.

Arrow slammed both his fists into the shield so hard it created a massive explosion of kinetic energy that slammed him into back of his cell. The two thugs laughed as they left the room leaving Jaz and him alone together again. Jaz leaned against the wall at the front of her cage burying her head into her elbow. She was to wound up to sit down and she felt sick and weak with hunger. At the very least they were being given water, but she'd had nothing else in her stomach since arriving here.

"Hey." Jaz remained still, but Arrow kept repeating 'hey' until she glanced his way. He was crouching on the floor watching her, "You ok?" Jaz was about to say she was fine and to not worry when tears stung her eyes. "Woah, woah, woah. It's ok. Hey, look at me." He kept calling her until she met his gaze again, "We'll be fine, ok? Canary will be fine, she's a strong girl."

"They just dragged her away-"

"I've seen her take worse beatings and still land a nasty punch afterwards." Arrow sounded so confident in Black Canary's capabilities.

"Why didn't she use her siren song?" Jaz knew she'd had the perfect moment when the four Raptors and the two thugs were all lined up in the tiny hall in front of her cage.

"Because she didn't want to hurt us. She told me her song could kill a human at close range and no matter what she did, we would've been hit by it." Jaz slumped her head. She knew the answer, but hearing that she was the reason someone had lost their chance to escape... It didn't sit right in her gut.