Chapter 16

Jaz was in the bedroom attempting to communicate with Hero, asking him who he was by showing him images of a different Heroes on her phone and asking him to paw at them if they were the one. Thus far she could rule out the Heroes she'd met at the lab, as well as Red Tornado, Wildcat, Flash, Green Lantern and Atom. Her attempts were cut short by a portal that opened up in her bedroom wall. It was a tiny blip, to small to stick more than a finger through but big enough that cell service leaked through from her world. A second later her phone was receiving an actual call.

"Izzy?"

"Jasmine! I believe Superman is in fact evil." A smile crossed Jaz's face hearing his alarmed tone.

"Have you been reading more comics again?" She already knew the answer. "Let me guess, you heard about the Justice Lords?"

"I've been peeking at news reports from your world. Teresa and Clara don't seem to know, they just repeat what the Justice League say-"

Jaz cut him off, "Superman isn't evil, and I doubt he's missing. If he was, the Justice League wouldn't just lie about that too the world. They haven't in the past."

"They haven't been tasked with protecting Worldheart's in the past, Jasmine." His tone was whiney, "I need to know you're safe."

"I'm fine dude. I got a job and a place to stay."

"Oh thank god. Jasmine. I just told the others, but you need to know. There's a cult, one of those world ending... Wait! Hold on. They're doing another sweep of portals, I got to go. Stay low, don't get noticed!" The portal popped out of existence as quickly as it opened. Since Jaz wasn't supposed to be here, Izzy couldn't officially contact her, nor Terese and Clara as officially there wasn't supposed to be anything wrong here. In order to cover himself he could only contact when there were no audits of portals for improper use.

Jaz dialed them. Clara picked up immediately, "Did you guys just talk to Izzy?"

"Yep! Did he tell you too? About the cult and all?"

"No. He got cut off by another audit. What cult?" Jaz could think of several cults that showed up throughout the issues, to many to narrow down on so little info.

"I'm not really sure, but the League seems to know what he's talking about. We told Cyborg about it, and he says they got it under control. Oh! I'm supposed to give you his number, so remind me later! Anyways, I gotta go, see ya soon!" Jaz heard a click before she could get out a goodbye.

Smiling, she glanced at Hero. "Whoever you are, we should really take you to the Justice League, eh? I'm sure they could figure it out, the Green Martian can just read your mind or something, figure out how to fix you." Hero barked at Jaz, assumingly in agreement. "Well, I'll ask Brin later how to contact them at least. After my shift that is."

- - -

Terese waited for Clara to hang up, leading them out the door when she did. Since the bust of the facility, Cyborg spent less and less time in the watch tower, instead working on an assignment with another hero, Green Arrow. They were finally allowed to wander the Watchtower unguarded and had decided to surprise Cyborg in the research wing. The doors were locked to regular Watchtower members when they arrived, but after announcing themselves through the intercom the door opened with Cyborg filling the frame.

"Can we come in?" Terese asked. Cyborg glanced at the annoyed heroes surrounding the door.

"Yeah, we have work to do. Who gave you the right to lock the rest of us out?" One hero spoke angrily.

"Take your complaints to John then, Elongated Man." Cyborg dismissed him, stepping aside to allow Terese and Clara inside before locking the rest out again.