1 | Self Aware?

DIFFERENT, her first thought once she opened her eyes

DIFFERENT, her first thought once she opened her eyes. She was sitting in one of someone's rooms. She's certain this isn't Celestia (if she was eaten by Rifthound) because of how messy it was—a bunch of books out of place, boxes filled with strange novels (mangas), and a lot of unknown sorcery filled the room (electronic devices)...

     (Name) looked around once more, "It feels familiar... Where have I seen this?" She asked herself, checking the contents. Then she noticed the computer beside the bed, "OH!" She snapped her fingers, rushing through the computer.

She examined it, seeing the same headphones Idia uses whenever he plays. The 14th keyboard he bought after throwing the 13th due to him not being able to get 36 stars from the abyss, the mouse he broke because of not getting a good artifact for her, and the nui version (plush) of her sitting at the side...

     "How did I get in here...? I don't remember teleporting or anything," she mumbled. "This... Um, the teddy bear is very cute though," she smiled while holding the mini version of herself (he often uses it to manifest mitsplitter for her).

Too busy admiring the self-proclaimed best (Name) main's room, she didn't notice him opening the door. The mirror of his screen wasn't enough to show her full face, but he blushed profusely when he saw her kissing Nui's forehead. That's when she turned around, having a staring contest with him...

     "WAH!!!"

     "AHHH!!!"

They both screamed in surprise, making Idia hit her forehead with a nearby manga. As result, she hit his table and now she fainted from how painful it was. Now that her face was clear, the dorm leader of Ignihyde covered his mouth when he saw the familiar landmarks and the pyro vision placed on her hip...

     "(NAME)-CHAN!" Idia yelled, running towards her unconscious body. Immediately checking her vitals, he sighed in relief, "OH GREAT SEVEN! I AM SO GLAD YOU'RE STILL ALIVE!" He said, carrying her body onto the bed.

With (Name)'s body lying on Idia's bed, Ortho raised his hand above her and scanned her unconscious figure. The shut-in is trembling as he watched his brother summon a large screen, showing her an x-ray. There was nothing unusual at first look, but if you look closely...

     "She has a couple of broken bones—head to toe," Ortho said and Idia gasped when his brother zoomed in on her wrist. "She has a broken wrist and one I assumed to be a broken pointer finger," he stated.

     Idia pulled his hair, "It might've been because I accidentally made her jump on a cliff yesterday..." He mumbled, making his brother snap his head in his direction. "I DIDN'T MEAN IT, OKAY?! I WAS JUST EXPLORING THE NEW AREA AND I DIDN'T NOTICE SHE ALREADY FELL, IT'S FOGGY!" He explained.

     The younger Shroud sighed, "Well... She's still alive, thankfully. Her body is strange though," he commented as he continued inspecting it. "It's the same as the human body, but her white blood cells are a lot. Her body must've improved after getting into accidents continuously, but somehow she's glitching."

He zoomed in on her chest part, and a glitching part of her heart is seen. It was like beating rapidly when he scanned it, but not like a normal human beat. Even though someone's heart is beating fast, the x-ray scanner can still capture the heart. In her case, it was abnormally beating so fast. Almost inhumane in other words. They looked at each other, knowing this isn't some cosplayer anymore...

     "Have you opened your genshin account?" Ortho questioned. "Can you check if she's still there?"

     "Are you implying she's my (Name) in-game?" Idia scoffed but earned a nod from his little brother. "I don't remember using any kind of magic to summon her here, but she just appeared here once I got back. She was even kissing the nui (Name)..." He added.

He opened his account and as usual, the loading screen of the elements was seen. Instead of seeing (Name) on the screen, Zhongli was waiting at him while a familiar purple sword was on the ground—mitsplitter, her sword that was equipped. There were only three characters equipped (other than Zhongli)—Xiao and Qiqi are one of them...

     "Check the character details, big brother," Ortho instructed and Idia immediately clicked the Traveler icon at the top of the screen. "... Look! Aren't those the artifacts equipped to (Name)?" He pointed at Yanfei, the placeholder for (Name)'s DPS artifacts.

     Idia shook his head, "She has her support artifacts equipped because I'm trying out Xiao's new artifacts..." He replied while searching for the artifacts. "Here are her healer artifacts," he showed the placeholder, who is Barbara.

     "But where is she?"

     The older Shroud skimmed through the character icons, yet found no (Name). The only thing revealing her existence in his account was the mitsplitter, lying on the ground like a loot, "Yep! That's my (Name) in this account!" He exclaimed, pointing at the sleeping adventurer on his bed. "I wonder what made her go here..." He whispered, inspecting her face.

     "Maybe she did something?" Ortho suggested, shrugging.

     "Maybe, maybe..."

They both looked at sleeping (Name), not knowing how she teleported out of the game world and is now existing in his world. One thing's for sure—if someone knows this other than the two Shrouds, the whole fandom will go crazy and surely flock to his room asking for an autograph...

     "What're you planning, Big bro?"

     Idia took his brother's shoulders, "Don't tell this to anyone. If I mean anyone, that includes your friends and the Headmaster..." He instructed, raising a finger. "I wouldn't like to risk flexing on the internet that my (Name) is real..." He added.

     "We can keep her?!" Ortho questioned, his eyes sparkling in glee. His brother hesitated for a moment before nodding, "YEY! I'M EXCITED TO ASK HER ABOUT THE LORE OF GENSHIN! OR MAYBE SHE'S SELF-AWARE LIKE THOSE FANFICS YOU READ ABOUT (NAME) KNOWING ABOUT THE PLAYER—"

     Idia covered his brother's mouth, "Keep it down, Ortho..."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

ベネット