10 | Imposter

— GENSHIN IMPACT, MONDSTAT (IDIA'S ACCOUNT)

IT WAS supposed to be like any normal in Mondstat, but instead, angry yells are heard. Fischl has her bow against the helpless a̶n̶d̶ f̶a̶k̶e̶ (Name), the electro zapping rapidly and could even leave burnt marks d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ b̶u̶r̶n̶t̶ m̶a̶r̶k̶s̶ a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶...

     "I'm gonna ask you one time again... Where's (Name)?!" She demanded.

     "Fischl, it's me! How many times have I told you—"

     (Name) screeched because another electro hit her, but not from the Prinzessin. "You, not friend of Razor. You, not friend of Fischl..." The other friend of the adventurer, Razor, said. "You tell Fischl and Razor where (Name) is."

     The "imposter" trembled, afraid she'll get killed by her "friends". "I'm right here, Razor! What do you mean where (Name) was?" She laughed.

The information was still processed in her head because she was in front of her. The fact their memories of being together are inside her head, but why don't they recognize her? She was confused at how they were acting, yet unaware of the fact she was a mere replacement for the original unlucky girl...

     "He's coming!" Jean suddenly interrupted, pulling Fischl and Razor away. "The Creator is coming now. Just leave that girl here..." She told them, glaring at the imposter.

     "The Prinzessin isn't done with thy imposter! Her Highness desires to eliminate those who act or copy her loyal subjects!" Fischl yelled, wanting to kill "(Name)". "Thou be honest where you put her! Where's (Name), you imposter?!"

     Idia was already on the loading screen, making Zhongli enter the fight to stop the Princess. "Prinzessin, Idia is gonna enter now please calm down. I shall take care of this imposter for you," he assured whilst helping Jean pull Fischl aside. He glared at "(Name)", "You better fix yourself now."

     "Yes, Mr. Zhongli! I'll fix myself..." She exclaimed, trying her best to use her new outfit to cover the bruises. "I'm (Name) though... What do they mean I'm an imposter?"

As Idia came into sight, the same fond look on his face, whenever he stares at (Name) was gone. It's similar to the look he's giving whenever he hates or something doesn't enter his standard...

     "Just do some daily commissions and I'm logging out," he murmured before switching to his second main team—Kazuha, Yae, Nahida, and Nilou. "Just gonna use the hyper bloom team for now."

     "But... Why did Idia change teams...?" "(Name)" asked, confused about his judgment. "Aren't I his main? Did he change favorites already?"

     "This is all your fault. Now the Creator hates Qiqi..." Qiqi said, her once soft attitude gone. "I miss (Name)..."

     "But, Qiqi, I'm—"

     "Shut your mouth!" Xiao entered, slapping her hand away from the zombie child. "You're worthless of getting used by the Creator. It's not like you're the real (Name) anyway. If I see you touching anyone, I'll make sure you'll be dead."

Everyone in Idia's account is hostile toward her. Even Itto, who gifted "her" an onikabuto, is avoiding her. Gorou and Kokomi aren't even welcoming her when she visited Watatsumi Island. Al-Haitham and Kaveh even locked their apartment, preventing her from entering it. There's only someone who isn't hostile to her, but he's angry...

     "You should realize by now you're not (Name), imposter," the Geo Archon—Zhongli—said.

     "But, I still remember everything we've done! When I first fell in Starsnatch Cliff, killed by the Electro Archon multiple times, and more!" (N̶a̶m̶e̶) The imposter tried her best to convince him, sobbing in the process. "When I first met Fischl and Razor, too. But they almost killed me earlier."

     "You're just a replacement. Replacement of the now missing (Name) everyone knows," the god of contracts said without remorse. "The (Name) I know was lost during our stay in Inazuma, she was lost in the foggy woods and the only remaining thing we've retrieved from her is that weapon you're holding."

     "BUT THIS IS MY MITSPLITTER! IDIA PULLED THIS FOR ME!" The imposter said, gaslighting him to believe her. "I'm (Name)—"

     "No, you'll never (Name). You only possess her memories and her face, but never proclaim you're her," Zhongli corrected. "Stop trying to convince yourself you're the unlucky adventurer because you'll never be HER even if you try so hard."

     "STOP LYING! I'M (NAME), YOU GUYS ARE JUST JOKING AND THIS IS ONLY A PRANK—"

     "Heyo, Idia~! I missed you!"

(N̶a̶m̶e̶) The imposter choke when she heard someone similar to her voice. Oh, wait scratch that—THE ORIGINAL (NAME) IS BESIDE IDIA, the girl she's trying so hard to be. Zhongli smiled when she saw the familiar face on the other side of the screen hugging their Divine Creator...

     "Hey, (Name). So how did it go with the other dorms?" Idia questioned, pausing his game to talk with her. "Was it fun?"

     "Mhmm! Vil gave me a lot of skincare products and some clothes, look!" (Name) replied, showing the shopping bags to him. "Also Kalim gave me this phone, so I could contact anyone I want!"

     "That's great... I think," the dorm leader of Ignihyde nodded and took the phone. "What are the things you've done there?"

     "Vil took a photo of me with the new outfit, too. Rook and Epel were great company while staying in Pomefiore," she replied. "Jamil's cooking was great, I would rate it 200%. Also, I and Kalim were riding the carpet around Scarabia!"

The imposter shook at the sight, falling on her back. She kept repeating, "This ain't happening" while watching the original and her beloved Divine Creator. She covered her ears, almost scalping her head with her nails. Zhongli wasn't lying about her possessing the original (Name)'s memories and face. She was programmed like her, but now it's failing...

     "Hi, (Name)!!!" Yuuka entered Idia's room, rushing to hug (Name). "Are you okay now?"

     "Mhmm! Thanks for worrying, Yuuka!"

     Zhongli chuckled at the poor state of the imposter, amused by it. "Would you stop thinking you're (Name) now? You're just a random person created to fill the spot of the adventurer. Don't be surprised now if everyone is happy to see her again," he added.

     "But I have her face and I act like her... WHERE DID I GO WRONG, MR. ZHONGLI?" The imposter questioned. "WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT ME?"

     "Do you want me to repeat it?"

     "I..."

     Zhongli grabbed the imposter's jaw, gripping it tight (he could even crush it using a bit of his power). "You'll never be the (Name) we love and care about, so stop being dramatic and go now."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

ベネット