2 | Problems

DARK, (Name) thought as she opened her eyes

DARK, (Name) thought as she opened her eyes. Rubbing it, she found herself once again in the same room as the player. Unlike earlier, she felt a warm sensation beside her and there she saw Idia sleeping at the side of the bed. She covered her mouth to avoid letting out a shriek...

     'Idia looks pretty up-close...' She thought to herself, placing a strand of his flaming hair behind his ear. 'So his hair is like a glow-in-the-dark! So cool!' She grinned, playing with the other bits of his hair.

She always admired his hair, even during the time she was still inside the game. She knew his brother would tie his hair up whenever he was playing, avoiding it to bother him. She always thought it was some kind of fire, alike her pyro vision that can produce flames, but she didn't expect it to be deadly. It was warm around her fingers...

     "Who...?" Idia opened his eyes, seeing the silhouette of the girl he mains in front of him. The flames of his hair are their only light source and the evident blush on her cheeks wasn't helping, "Um... Hello?"

     "WAH! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!" She screamed, diving into his bed, and placed the blanket above her head. "I'LL LEAVE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME, IDIA!"

     He almost gasped in surprise, "You know my name?" He questioned, but she didn't answer because she kept babbling nonsense. He sighed and grabbed her shaking shoulders, "Calm down."

She stopped talking, but her shivering didn't. He raised his blanket to see the messed up face of his main—just as he imagined, tears running down her cheeks with her eyelids squeezed shut. Putting aside the way he usually treats people, he wiped her tears...

     "I wouldn't hurt my favorite character. That sounds stupid honestly," he remarked while grinning (the same grin that made her heart swell). "I'm so glad you know my name! That saves up the introduction!" He said in relief, glad he was not gonna bother telling his name.

     She laughed nervously, "Of course, I know you... You're the player after all," she confessed and now it made Idia interested. "All my friends—the characters in your account if you say so—know your name and that includes me! They somehow refer to you as the Creator though..." She explained, scratching the back of her head.

     "Creator...? Like they see me as a deity?"

     (Name) nodded, "Yes, Idia! They even made a statue out of your figure," she replied. "Some of them got mad when I used your first name and call you that... I hope you don't mind—"

     "I don't," Idia assured. "How did you even get here?"

     "I don't know, too. I woke up in your room right after I was trapped by a big wolf in Inazuma," she explained and he suddenly felt horrified about leaving her in the foggy part of Inazuma (there are a lot of Rifthounds there). "I'm glad I'm not dead again..." Cue for Idia sweating because there are countless times he sacrificed her (mostly in the abyss).

     "I see," he sighed and (Name) panicked. "You're telling me you're self-aware? You're aware you're just a character in a game?" He questioned once more, checking.

     (Name) nodded again, "Yep! Since day one, actually!" She replied, clapping her hands. "I'm glad you chose me as your main, Idia. Some adventurers don't choose me because of my misfortune..."

Idia always wanted to hug (Name), based on her backstory and her hangout (where she even ate her cooking and they were saved from the domain). Without thinking much about it, he embraced her and patted her head. He wanted it to last not until...

     "BIG BROTHER! WE HAVE A BAD NEWS!" Ortho barged inside the room, making both of them jump. "Oh, she's awake. Hello, (Name)-san!" He greeted them, approaching them.

     Idia coughed and he de-entangled himself from (Name), "Ortho! Uh, what's the bad news?" He asked, acting like he didn't just hug the girl beside him. His little brother eyed him for a moment, "Just tell me what's the bad news!"

     "Oh, well... It's about (Name)-san," the robot child summoned a digital screen.

BREAKING NEWS: PHENOMENON IN THE FAMOUS HIT GAME GENSHIN IMPACT!

     "Twisted Wonderland is currently in chaos due to its players panicking about the hit game Genshin Impact. It's said that the famous character, called (Name), is missing and her character information within the game mysteriously was erased..." The reporter remarked. "The game is currently in maintenance and now the players may have caused a rally outside the building of Hoyoverse."

(Name) was busy admiring the floating screen, unbothered by the news while Ortho and Idia are panicking as they looked at the missing playable character and then back to the screen. Behind the reporter was the rally of the players in front of the building, guards trying their best to prevent them from entering...

     "Some say they were just using her when she suddenly glitched out, leaving the artifacts and her sword on the ground. Some even told us when they were just using her when she died, they tried reviving her in the... Statue of Seven, but unfortunately she was gone after teleporting to it," the reporter continued. "We're trying to contact the developers in this building..."

     "Brother, didn't you say when (Name) first released in-game..." Ortho then trailed his gaze to the computer nearby. "... The original (Name) is in your account and those in the other are just her copies?"

     Idia almost fainted, "Which means... If the original (Name) is in this world, her copies won't be real in the first place?" He testified, earning a nod from his little brother.

     "Why is my face in this weird-looking thing?" (Name) questioned, pointing at the digital screen. "They also look angry—WOAH!" She gasped when one of the rally people went in front of the screen, almost smacking the camera.

     "HOYOVERSE STOLE OUR (NAME)! WE'LL SUE THEM IF THEY WON'T FIX THIS GLITCH OR BUG OR WHATEVER!" They yelled, earning a dumbfounded look from both Idia and (Name). "HEY! I'M NOT DONE TALKING YET!" They screamed when the reporter stole back their mic.

     The reporter pushed the player's head away from them, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we'll be right back and report the remaining news later. Signing off, your reporter for today!" And Ortho's digital screen turned off, leaving the room dim with the flaming heads of the brothers as a light source.

     "What happened?" (Name) asked.

     "You don't need to worry about it," Idia said.

Now that the whole fandom of Genshin Impactise is probably in chaos, Idia knew anytime soon the developers will call him to get the details about (Name)'s character in-game. If the whole fandom knew she was sucked out of the game world and she was in his room right now, the rally people will go crazy and even send death threats to him if he won't return the unlucky girl...

     "Idia, you look scared," (Name) remarked seeing the nervous look on his facade. "Is there something you want to explain?"

     BEFORE HE COULD EVEN SPEAK, his phone started ringing like crazy, "Wait..." He said and took his phone. The caller number is none other than the Head developer of the game (Speak of the devil), "Holy shit... Man, this is worse than I could've imagined..." He panicked.

     "Brother, what do we do?"

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

ベネット