10 | snack time at a crime scene

SEASON THREE,
CHAPTER 10:

SNACK TIME AT A CRIME SCENE

"You know what? I feel very judged right now

"You know what? I feel very judged right now."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

AFTER THE THREE teenagers realised that Pope had run off with his father's pistol, Cleo was the one to find him down by the marina. The girl was quick to stop Pope from possibly doing something that he would regret, especially since they both know that it would ruin his entire future — he would then never be able to get that scholarship he's dreamed of. Cleo then safely brought Pope back home, where they met with Delilah and JJ, who were both relieved to find out he didn't end up using the gun.

At this moment in time, Delilah and JJ are cuddling in the makeshift bed that the blond boy had created on the porch of his house. Delilah had fallen asleep while staring at the stars once again, now tangled in the thin sheets with her body snuggled against JJ's. He has an arm wrapped around her waist, the other being used to cushion his head. JJ's eyes stare up at the wooden ceiling of the porch while many thoughts run through his head.

However, the sound of a vehicle's engine travelling closer by the second fills the quiet air. JJ's eyes snap over to the front lawn to then see the Twinkie roll to a stop. He slowly pulls himself from Delilah's grasp, trying to be careful not to wake the girl up from her peaceful slumber — he's honestly surprised she even slept through the noise because she's usually the first up. Nevertheless, JJ slips off the porch and stops at the bottom of the stairs as John B steps out of the Twinkie.

"Well, look who it is. Nice of you to finally show up." JJ comments with sarcasm laced in his voice. "Are you going to tell me the truth about what's going on recently?"

"Is Red here?" John B asks.

"She's sleeping." JJ replies. "Just say what you came here to say."

"Okay, listen, I know I've acting been a little shady for the past few days. And that I, uh... stretched the truth a little bit—" John B begins.

"Yeah, I'm sure you already know but that's actually called lying." JJ fires back with irritation.

"I know." John B shamefully admits.

"John B, what the hell is going on?" JJ asks, still searching for answers.

"My dad killed two guys." John B blurts out, unable to contain it anymore. "He was trying to protect me."