10 | home invasion

SEASON ONE,
CHAPTER 10:

HOME INVASION

"That's dandruff, disgusting

"That's dandruff, disgusting."

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

THE GROUP OF friends are gathered around on John B's porch once again, sprawling themselves out across the furniture to get comfortable. The boys, who Delilah was both with earlier this morning, are currently telling their friends what had happened when they went to visit Lana Grubbs. JJ had also decided that it would be a great idea to go into full detail to give Kiara and Pope the 'full experience' of what the three experienced.

Delilah lazily sits down in one of the chair, not bothering to keep a good posture and deciding to slump down instead. A tennis ball is held in her hands that she randomly found in John B's front lawn where she had instantly claimed it as her own to cure the boredom she feels. The redhead throws the ball at the brick wall repeatedly, managing to catch it with ease every single time.

"And we were right outside like this. And all we hear is just 'bam! Bam! Bam!', knocking paint off the wall from the inside. And I'm just looking at him and keeping Ly safe like—" JJ rambles, suddenly cutting himself off. "Wait! First off, look at this shit."

The boy doesn't let the two get a moment to breathe and properly take in the information that he's suddenly hurling towards them. He walks over to Kiara and Pope where he then ruffles his messy blond hair over the top of their seating areas, letting the white specks of paint fall from his head.

"That's dandruff, disgusting." Kie comments, barely audible as she mumbles under her breath.

"At that point, I was just waiting for death." JJ continues.

"Okay, so you saw the same guys that shot at us, right?" Pope asks, receiving a nod in response. "Well, did you at least get a good description of them? Like, what did they look like? Anything we can bring to a police report?"

"Burly." JJ blurts out.

"Burly?" Pope repeats, raising a brow.

"That's not very helpful." Kie states.

"Okay, well— No, like the type of guy at my dad's garage." JJ stammers, struggling with how to reply to them. "I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers. I can tell you with full confidence that these boys, these killers, are square groupers."

"Like narco square grouper? Like Pablo Escobar square grouper?" Pope questions.

"Yeah, man." JJ replies with a nod, taking another hit from his juul.