| 2 |

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

you were scared.

You had walked for what seemed like hours. Perhaps what caught your attention the most was that you were tall as a giant. The surrounding trees just didn't compare to your size.

Finally, you arrived at the place where you had been walking so much, it was a river, you had heard the sound of water. When you were close enough you managed to visualize it, it was a large enough body of water and from what you could guess, deep too.

You knelt down to carefully approach the riverbank to see your reflection.

This need to see you arose because when you first saw your hand it was black as darkness itself, along with small silver and white flashes as if they were small shining stars. And at the end of each finger, there were what you supposed to be overly sharp claws, so sharp that they looked as if they might be capable of tearing flesh.

When you met your reflection for a moment, you felt your soul leaving your body. What was reflected on the surface of the water was not your face, it was not even close to how you looked before.

It was like seeing the darkness itself, the color that once adorned your eyes had gone, leaving you with a pure white. Your nose and mouth could not be distinguished. Everything that defined you was gone, leaving you with something that wasn't you. That it didn't look like you.

Your head did not know how to respond, Your "body" could not move. From one moment to the next you had forgotten how to function properly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was strange, the days seemed short and the nights long.

The hunger and the thirst disappeared. And with it the dream too.

The animals that inhabited the forest did not seem perturbed by your presence, despite the fact that you looked too... flashy and a bit terrifying. Even though you thought they couldn't see you due to the very darkness that possessed your body.

You thought your existence couldn't get any stranger when one day you discovered your hidden power. You could control the shadows, you discovered it when one night a too distracted deer didn't realize it was approaching a cliff. The little animal could have died, but luckily you were there.

You still remember how strange it was to save him.

Your own Restlessness was enough for the shadow of one of the many trees to come out of its place to hold the small and delicate body of the Deer. Honestly, your little superpower reminded you a bit of the abilities of "Shikamaru Nara" from Naruto.

Although it was still surreal for you, associating your strange condition with fictional characters.

But, those thoughts seemed more real than what was happening around you. For example, your appearance that seemed too similar to "Alien x" from Ben 10.

Definitely, what scared you the most the first night was when you thought you saw the shadows of naked people hanging around in the woods.

They always seemed to be walking aimlessly. Some even made muttering or moaning sounds that sounded like they were in pain. It was terrifying.