Chapter 16

Katherine's POV

I guided Amy to the restaurant's entrance. She looked around taking in all the details of its façade. Her green coloured eyes seemed to shine bright against the sunlight and her amazed smile only made her more beautiful. Wait, what? The hell did I just think? Ok, deal with that later.

I took her by the hand taking her inside. A young waiter with a perfect fitted black suit was already waiting by the front door. He smiled politely as he looked at me. His complexion was then stained with a frown as his eyes set on Amy, especially when he saw our hands intertwined. He looked back at her wit a scowl and she quickly looked at the floor. I felt her hands shaking.

I knew exactly what he was thinking. First, what was a girl dressed so poorly in front of the most expensive restaurant in town. And second, why was someone like me accompanying her. I could understand his confusion but nonetheless I couldn't let him treat my date like that. I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow towards the men that quickly saw his mistake and went back to smiling.

"Um, do you girls have a reservation?" He asked smugly. I forced myself not to punch him in the face.

"Yes we do. It's in the name of Katherine Hills." I answered in the same tone holding my head up high.

He looked down to a big book at the table beside him. He looked at it for a while, for sure taking his time. I just knew he was trying to piss me off.

"Didn't know a restaurant like this would hire an illiterate person such as you. If you want I can spell my name for you. Would that help?" I said slowly and enunciating every word just like I would if I was talking to a mentally challenged person. He looked back at me holding himself not to say anything back. He knew well that talking back to a customer would certainly cost his job.

"Thank you for the kind offer Miss Hills but I already found your name. Please follow me and I will show you to your table." He said forcing a smile, I gave him my best fake smile and took Amy's hand again giving her a reassuring smile.

The man guided us through the restaurant and towards our table. It a table for two, conveniently placed outside. The table faced the garden in the back of the restaurant. Colourful flowers adorned a small pond with beautiful carps sporting the brightest colours. By the edge of the pond a small waterfall brought water to it giving the place a sweet and serene sound.

I saw Amy looking around, half amazed but still nervousness was taking over her. I sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked gently. I almost frowned at myself when I heard my voice. I didn't remember the last time I used such a caring tone with someone. Ok, deal with that later.

"I'm not dressed appropriately for this place. You saw how that waiter looked at me. I never went to a fancy place like this before. I don't know what to do." She said quickly all in one breath. I raised my eyebrow in question. She breathed deeply in and out.

"Don't worry about that. That guy was an asshole and besides we aren't here to please anyone, we're here to have a good time and enjoy some good food." I said shrugging.

Where had this whole speech come from? Good question, I had no idea. I was the one that always cared what people thought of me. I was the one that would never in my life be caught in a restaurant like this one with someone like Amy. Then why wasn't I even slightly caring about it right now? Ok, deal with that later.

"I'm not used to this kind of stuff." She said quietly. A young waitress came towards us not giving me a chance to say something.

"Good afternoon. My name is Ana and I'll be your waitress today." She said handing both of us a menu.