Chapter 8

Katherine's POV

I looked at my phone for he umpteenth time in this past half hour. Amy hadn't returned my text. I didn't know why I cared, but frankly I was freaking about it.
It had been a full day since I sent her this message. No one had ever taken so long to answer me and it was pissing me off. Uhg, why did a care anyway? No, I didn't care. Of course I didn't I was just pissed because she had the nerve to ignore me. Go, I hated her. I hated everything about her.

I walked in circles and stopped at my bedside desk. I opened the drawer and once again grabbed the thick stack of papers Daniel had sent me last night. Basically the company is in my father's name now but Daniel had until December 31 to get it back if he wanted. If I didn't keep my end of the deal he would.

I needed something to do, I couldn't just lie in bed looking at my phone waiting for her to reply my message. I got up and quickly left the house, my mom and dad were away at a business trip and I wasn't in the mood for staying in alone.

I got into my car and drove off. I got on the road, leaving town. There was just one place I wanted to go right now. I drove for a while, in silence. Opening the window I breathed in the smell of nature and smiled.

My family had a farm right outside the city. Since I was young I had always loved horses, so my dad bought me one, his name was Espectro. He was a beautiful black Friesian Horse, and my baby. He was given to me when I was 10 and he was still a foal. He was a very loyal animal, it was unfortunate that he stayed so far away. But every time I had the chance I would go to the farm and take him for a ride.

I got to the farm fairly quickly given that that was no transit on the way there. I parked my car right next to the stables and got out of the car. Espectro wasn't in his stall so I figured the farm boy must have set him free to roam for a little while. I put on my boots and horse riding pants and grabbed my helmet. I walked into the field and holding two fingers into my mouth I whistled loudly. Not many seconds passed and I heard the sound of hooves coming closer. I smiled, soon enough I saw the huge black horse trotting towards me. Once he saw it was me he quickened up his pace to a run. It may sound weird but sometimes I could swear he actually had thoughts, who knows, maybe he did. He was at my side in no time, I smiled and patted his head.

"Hey boy." I said bringing him to the stables and putting his gear on.

I quickly got on his side and jumped on top of him straddling him. Even before I told him to he already started to trot towards the field, I laughed petting his neck.

"I know boy, it's been a while since I last came here." I said and he whinnied loudly in response. I rolled my eyes.

"Ya! Come on boy!" I shouted and he started to run.

I felt the wind blowing in my face. Espectro ran with all his might, I could smell the smell of nature, feel the air, the adrenaline running through my veins. It was always like that when I rode. I felt free, no "friends" to worry about, no popularity, no classes... it was the best feeling ever. Here and now I was just Katherine, not the popular girl at school, not the daughter of millionaires, just Katherine.

I even closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling. Espectro was so used with the farm that he knew exactly where to go, not going through low branches that could hurt me, and I felt perfectly comfortable closing my eyes and letting him take the lead.

I rode for what it seemed like hours. After a while I realized that had to go back. I guided Espectro to the stables and started to take off his gear. He was damped in sweat but still he seemed happy like a puppy. I grabbed a hose and washed him, he must have been burning hot. We had ridden until sundown.