Chapter 28

Amy's POV

My eyelids trembled profusely. I tried my best to open them but somehow all my strength had been drained from me. I didn't know how long it had been, hours? Days? Months? Years?
It didn't matter anymore. I just couldn't fight anymore. After all what was the point? Would anyone really miss me? Manuel maybe, but he would get over it. Katherine? Who knows? I for sure didn't know what exactly she felt for me.

The room was silent. I could only hear the low irritating humming of the machines that were keeping me alive. It's funny, I've read things about comatose patients. Most of them said they could remember everything, or most of the things from the time they were in come state. I wonder if I ever got out of it, would I remember everything? All the sweet and heart-warming words I've heard from Katherine.

Truth is though, I didn't know if I wanted to remember them. Was she acting like this just because I was hurt and she felt bad for me? Or did she really feel something more? I honestly didn't know if I wanted to find out, I was too afraid of the answer.

Katherine's POV

I opened the door and got into Amy's room as I have been doing almost every day for the past two months. At this point it was just a mechanical movement. My legs would take me to all the places I had to go but it was almost like my body was just an empty shell.

The room was dark and silent save the low irritating humming of the machines. I wondered if Amy could hear those. I wondered if she could hear anything at all while lying there. I just hoped she could hear my voice, I don't think I'd be able to tell her everything I have told her again when she wakes up.

I walked as quietly as I could to the chair beside her bed. I couldn't believe how thin and frail she had become. I guess two months lying motionless in a bed could do that to you. Seeing her like that was breaking my heart.

I took her hand in mine. The bones on her hands could be easily seen against the skin. A tear fell down my cheek. I hated seeing her like this.

I looked up at her face, she seemed like she was sleeping, her features were as serene as it could be, except... her eyes, were her eyelid moving? My heart beat fast and I got up as quickly as I could. I ran out the room screaming for a nurse. A small Asian nurse rushed in the room.

"What seems to be the problem ma'am?" She said looking up at me.

I didn't know exactly what to say. I didn't even know if it meant something but still seeing her eyelids move. It gave me hope.

"Her eyelids are moving. Does... does this mean something?" I asked desperately. It had to mean something.

"I'm not completely sure. I'm going to call the doctor." She said turning around and leaving as fast as she could. I turned back towards Amy.

"Amy..." I didn't know what else to say. My chest felt heavy. I just wanted to see her eyes again.

It seemed like it took forever but finally the doctor came in. She quickly ran to Amy's bed and checked the machines hooked up to her. I couldn't help myself but to come closer. I felt like my heart would jump out of my chest. And then I saw it, the thing I was waiting for two months, her eyes.

A/N: I know this chapter is very small but I will post another one in the next two days, and it's going to be huge and exciting I promise! :3