five

❤︎ chapter five
cornelia street

cami sat at a table right outside of the terminal of their flight

cami sat at a table right outside of the terminal of their flight. she was excited to see them all—maddie, madison, carlacia, austin, jd, drew, chase, rudy, and caleb had all flown over from LA. she wasn't exactly sure why caleb was in LA with them, but it didn't really matter.

she had not, per rudy's request, printed out huge photos of everybody as signs, but rather made a smaller one that said "worlds hottest cast is back in nyc!"

and yes, she might've also made a small poster of rudy's face with the eyes coloured red.

their flight had landed 5 minutes ago, and usually she wouldn't be in the terminal yet, but cami assumed that they had all flown first class so they would be off the plan first.

sure enough, she was right—craning her neck, she spotted people coming out of their gate and noticed caleb's blonde hair and drew's tall, muscular frame. she had the sign in her hands but forgot about it as they got closer, grinning widely and waving.

everyone was tired and already felt jet lag kicking in. they weren't excited as they started trudging towards the terminal—but drew looked up and a smile spread over his face, the lines around his eyes crinkling.

"guys, look, it's cami!"

they all looked up, happier, and walked towards her with more pep in their step. drew, the tallest of the group, was the first to reach her. what might have been awkward with others wasn't with her—she got on her tiptoes and threw her arms around his neck, and he lifted her slightly off her feet with ease because she still wasn't tall enough. his strong arms hugged her body, and he had the hugest smile on his face that nobody could see.

he could hear the others and let her go reluctantly, turning to watch caleb embrace her, then rudy, then maddie, until the whole cast had gotten a hug from their friend's younger sister.

"how was the flight, guys?"

rudy groaned. "i'm so tired."

"don't complain, rudes," carlacia nudged him. "it was very nice, the flight attendants were wonderful."

"yeah, especially to austin," madison muttered under her breath, causing maddie to burst into laughter.

cami rolled her eyes and linked arms with rudy and drew. "c'mon guys, if you two start walking they'll follow."

sure enough, they did, and everyone laughed and talked their way to baggage claim, where cami was scanning for everyone's bags. "she has a hawk eye like no other," caleb had told the group.

"there's one!"

"oh, and there, that white one."

drew grabbed them both, his muscles flexing in his short sleeve shirt. cami raised her eyebrows in appreciation before she checked herself and turned to keep looking. however, not before chase had noticed her looking at him.