thirty four

❤︎ chapter thirty four
cornelia street

cami ran her lipstick over her lips one last time, pressing them together while looking in the mirror to make sure the colour was evenly spread

cami ran her lipstick over her lips one last time, pressing them together while looking in the mirror to make sure the colour was evenly spread. drew called from the other room, "ready, cam?"

she clicked the lipstick cover back on, turning and making her way down the hallway. when drew saw her, his lips parted slightly, his eyes flicking up and down and back up again quickly, drinking her in. she allowed herself a little smile at his reaction, holding her clutch in one hand and coming closer to him.

his hands settled on her hips as soon as she was close enough for them to touch. drew gazed down at her with barely hidden admiration, and cami's lips quirked up as she reached up to fix his tie. once she had straightened it, she left her hands interlocked behind his neck, staring up at drew.

"don't look at me like that, cami," drew told her lowly, shaking his head.

"why?"

"cause i wanna kiss you."

she shrugged slightly, her eyes never leaving his own. "i wouldn't mind."

she didn't need to say another word. his lips were on hers, and her hands unlocked and ran through his short, bleached hair. one of his hands curled up around her waist, bringing her closer to him.

cami pulled away after a minute, catching her breath. drew's smirk was prominent on his face; he loved to see how flustered he still made her. she looked back up at him and her mouth opened slightly. "drew, my lipstick is all over your face."

he made a non-committal noise before leaning back down. she felt him smile in the kiss, and knew her lipstick was only spreading more. it took everything in her to pull away again. "drew," she said his name again, closing her eyes as his lips moved to her neck.

"mhm?" he hummed, kissing her jawline lightly, his breath like a whisper. a shiver ran down cami's spine.

"we have to go to the party. we can't be late."

he didn't say anything, and cami protested, "drew!"

he pulled away, pouting. "why do you always have to ruin all the fun?" he groaned.

cami just rolled her eyes, wetting her hand under the kitchen sink and gently rubbing at his face. soon, his face was makeup free and they were ready to go—drew in a black suit with a red tie, and cami in a little black dress and red lipstick.

it was new year's eve, and they were ready to fuck it up.

instagram stories:
december 31

madisonbaileybabe posted 1 photo!
👤 drewstarkey & 3 others      caption:
lookin' spiffy this nye!