Angels Vs Demons

Second POV

After everything that has happened that night, you and Beel grew more and more worried for Luke because you two couldn't find him after the surprise inspection. It was a normal day at school except for you and Beel of course.

"Oh, shit." You blurted out, "Oh, shit, oh, shit, oh, shit, oh, SHIT! Shoulders is gonna kill me now if he finds out that Luke isn't here."

"Luke never did come back last night. You saw it too, right, (Y/n)? I saw you push him into the closet. So then why did he just va—" Before Beel could finish his question, Simeon walked over to them with a gentle smile.

"Well, hello, Beel, (Y/n). Good to see you. You two are looking after Luke, right?" He asked before giving you guys a smile, "I hope he isn't causing you too much trouble. I'm sorry you had to get caught up in our private squabble. I tried to stop him before he could run off, but Luke is just too quick, I'm afraid. I'd appreciate it if you could take care of him until he's ready to come back again. Thank you both."

You both said nothing about Luke's disappearance because it would cause more trouble if Simeon realized that you lost Luke.

'Should I tell him that Luke's gone? Would that make it any better?'

"Luke can be a real handful. He's still young and immature as angels go, and he knows little of the world." Simeon sighed at his explanation about Luke, "So, he tends to judge everything in life from the perspective of someone in the Celestial Realm, using its logic. Though that's also one of the positive things about Luke. He's honest, genuine, and adheres to a strict set of values that he doesn't break. So when the two of us were originally chosen for the exchange program in the Devildom, he was extremely upset and depressed. It was hard for him."

"Yeah, I don't blame him one bit." You nodded your head in agreement.

"Hehe, I can imagine. But personally, I thought that studying in the Devildom would be a good opportunity for Luke. Here, Luke is able to come in contact with demons as well as human students like Solomon. It's a chance for him to expand his perspective. With you around, (Y/n), he might be more comfortable to know more about demons since you live with them. On top of that, it's my hope that he'll be able to grow as an angel as well, just like you."

"Huh? Why me...?"

"I'm guessing Michael must have felt the same way, which is why he chose Luke for this program. Though Luke himself still hasn't figured it out yet."

"Why not tell him though? I think that he could be thrilled that Michael has expectations for him." You asked.

"I believe this is true in the human world too, but some supervisors like to teach the people they lead directly—to give them the answers they need. But other supervisors like to make those they lead think for themselves and have them figure things out on their own. I belong to the latter group. I like to sit back and watch Luke find the answer on his own." Simeon replied.

You looked at him with a deadpan expression, "That is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard so far."

He sweated a bit by your response before laughing it off, "Heheheh. Perhaps it is, yes. If you find yourself unable to put up with him anymore, go ahead and kick him out. I'm sure he'll come back to me if he has no place else to go. Well, then, I'll be seeing you."

Simeon waved goodbye to you and Beel before walking away. You both never did bring up Luke's disappearance at all as you saw his figure walk out of the classroom.

"...We'd better track down Luke ASAP." Beel stated and you nodded in agreement.

"Right." After classes ended, you and Beel rushed back to the House of Lamentation and began to search for Luke in every room. In the end, you both found no sign of Luke anywhere.