Chapter 2

"No way!", Helen yelled, "They only exist in movies not in real life!".

"What else can that thing be?!", I asked.

"I- I don't know", she answered defeated.

"Do you think it's safe to be here?", Selena asked.

I walked up to the windows and pressed my face against the glass, "Everything looks normal out here, I think we'll be ok".

"Just to be sure, I'll go lock up everything", Selena said getting up and walking out of the room.

I followed her with Helen and all of us got to work locking the doors and all the windows. Five minutes later we returned to the living room and just as we were about to relax we heard something crash in the dining room.

All of us rushed to the dining room to find one of the windows broken with glass everywhere and a zombie clawing at the window frame. Behind it more zombies were stumbling around.

"Oh my god!", Helen shuttered clutching the edge of the dining table in shock.

"It spread fast", Selena spoke her eyes fixed on the broken window.

"We gotta get away from here", I said and grabbed Selena and Helen and dragged them back to the living room.

"Let's get out, NOW!", Helen yelled the last part.

"Pack some food, water and other things we might need", I spoke before I grabbed my backpack and dumped the contents onto the sofa.

I ran up to Helen's parent's bedroom and dug through their drawers. I found a flashlight, batteries, a box of tissues and a notebook. I grabbed everything except the notebook but then took it too and wrote a little note in it.

Mr and Mrs. Emstone if you ever find this notebook and see this just know I'm sorry for taking your stuff or going through your personal belongings but right now we gotta do anything we can, I wrote.

Closing the book I tossed it back into the drawer and searched some more and at last I managed to find an first aid kit which we might really need.

Helen ran in with her backpack looking like it'll burst any second.

"I got us spare clothes, you'll gotta use my older sister's since you're hell lot taller than I am".

I nodded, what she said was true. Helen and Selena's the same height but I'm a lot taller than them. Few seconds later Selena arrived with a backpack filled with food and water bottles.

"I heard stabbing a zombie in the neck kills them-or like, they can't die.....but like".

"I get the idea", I said cutting Helen off, "Let's go then".

We decided to go out through the back door and around the house. And we made sure to grab some knifes from the kitchen. Since zombies are sensitive to sound we had to quiet as possible. We unlocked the door and walked as slowly as we could. Once we got to the front yard we saw that there were many zombies stumbling around the streets. I saw a family in on house peering out their windows, abandoned cars and a zombies tripping over a fallen bike.

"Let's go", I whispered and started walking.

But as soon as Helen took one step her phone rang. The zombies attention turned to us and they ran in our direction.

"RUN!", I yelled.

"You don't have to tell me twice", Selena answered and took off.

Helen threw her phone in the opposite direction hopping to lose the zombies but they were already focused on us. We ran like we've never before. I saw a house in which the door was wide open so I ran in there and my friends followed me in there. I locked the door and threw my self against it hoping to keep the zombies from breaking the door down.

"What are we gonna do now?", Helen asked panting.

"Gosh I'm done with this", Selena panted leaning against the wall.

Zombies are pretty dumb but they were smart enough to give up on breaking the door down when id didn't work after about fifteen minutes. Or so thought. Turns out they got distracted by a little kid running away screaming. I felt terrible as the zombies attacked the little girl and she fell down lost in a swarm of monsters.