Chapter 12

I was open up by the sound of something breaking. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, looking around I realized the window behind the counter was what broke.

Standing next to it was a guy around our age, holding a baseball which I guess was used to break the window.

I didn't panic since I've met quite alot of people and they were good people, even better they weren't zombies.

So I simply spoke to him, "Who are you?".

"Oh um..Thiago", he answered.

I turned to Kai who was sprawled on the ground next to me, still asleep.

"Get up", I shook him awake and he groaned sitting up.

"What?", he asked yawning and I pointed at Thiago.

Kai was suddenly alert seeing him and he reached for his gun which he literally had next to him the entire night.

"Seriously agaim with the gun?", I asked raising an eyebrow and he out the gun down.

"Where you from?", Kai asked Thiago.

"Atlanta obviously man", he answered setting down his baseball bat on the ground and walking up to us.

Hearing us speak everybody else around us stirred awake too.

Thiago told us that he was looking for a safe place to stay since yesterday afternoon and he told us that the situation outside is getting worse. An infected person who was still in human form got into an Orlando military camp and attacked a couple of soldiers. But they got rid of it quick.

"Orlando's not letting many people in right now", Thiago sighed, "We gotta get their fast or they might put up barriers".

"What if they put them up before we got there?", Selena asked and Thiago shurgged.

"Not a problem honestly, I have a friend we all could go to".

"What the hell!", Amanda yelled and me, who was constantly checking the broken window, snapped my head in Thiago's direction.

Kai and Steven who was standing a few feet away by another window which too was broken and by the look of it, was arguing turned in our direction.

Even Helen and Katie who was talking about who knows what, suddenly looked interested.

"Why didn't you stay there?", Elias asked leaning forward.

"I called him and he didn't pick up and my house was surrounded and I escaped and came here".

"Well, that's a relief, if we can't get to Orlando we have another place to go", I smiled at him.

"I guess but he has two cars too, so it'll better if we meet him first", Thiago said as he stood up.

"Then let's get going", Steven said and stretched.

We once again gathered as many supplies as we could carry. From stuff like food and energy drinks to cigarettes and magazines we decided that wanted them all.

As I was getting a few packs of cigarettes for myself, the conversation I had with Kai entered my head.

With hesitation I grabbed a couple of packs for Kai too. He was standing by the door his gun in his hand.

I walked up to him and tried to rest my arm of his shoulder but only embarrassed myself since he was kinda too tall for me to do that.

He snickered seeing me doing that, "What are you even doing?".

"Nothing", I replied quickly handing him the pack and lighter, "I remembered what you said last night".

"Ah good", he replied taking one out and lighting it up.