charming jimin

.✧ ➤ ❝  charming jimin ...?¿ ❞

?¿ ❞

"i don't think they like me very much

"i don't think they like me very much."

"i just think they were surprised," pd-nim said, "they're nice boys, i'm sure they'll treat you very well if you say yes."

that was the last thing he had said to her and now the fifteen year old was stood in the dance studio, trying to work out all of her anxiety the only way she knew how.

in the midst of dancing, the door behind her open. two boys walked in, their surprised faces looking at her in the wall of mirrors in front of her. she stopped dancing immediately and turned around. her face flushed red in embarrassment.

"oh! hello," yuri bowed, quickly running to stop the music. "i'm sorry. i didn't know this room was booked."

"it wasn't," taehyung shook his head, "we were just looking incase there was an empty one."

"i see," the girl nodded, "well you can have this one. i was leaving soon anyway."

"it looked like you were having fun," he said, "you should continue. we're the ones who barged in."

"no, no it's okay. i've been hogging this room for a while."

"we could just share," taehyung suggested. both yuri and the other boy, jimin if she remembered correctly, looked at him with widened eyes.

"um sure," she nodded shyly, "i guess we can."

"cool," the older boy said, putting his bag down on the floor before coming to stand next to yuri. jimin followed after him.

"so what were you practising?"

"just some freestyle," she answered, starting to feel more comfortable around taehyung in only a matter of seconds. it was always like that with him, he made her comfortable in any situation.

"nice— oh wait, i think i forgot my headband," he shook his head, "i'll be right back!"

"taehyung— and he's gone," jimin said.

"um..." yuri pursed her lips awkwardly.

"so..." jimin dragged out, "i uh— i saw you dancing earlier— when we came in and your form was great. have you ever done ballet?"

"yeah, i did ballet my whole life up until a year before i moved here," yuri said, her eyes lighting up at the mention of dance, "actually, dancing was how i got scouted in the first place."

"wait really?" he said, "no way, i did contemporary dance. did you audition at big hit? or did you get scouted?"

"i got scouted. it's a crazy story actually," she said, "i was just lucky to be in the right place, at the right time. do you wanna sit down for this?"

"now i'm super interested," he sat down on the floor, his back against the wall. he patted next to him and yuri sat down too.

"well basically, i was..."

"wait, earlier you said you moved here," jimin said, "are you not from seoul?"

"no, i'm not from seoul," she laughed lightly, "i was born in busan, but i wasn't even two months old when my family moved to canada."

"wait, you're a foreigner?" he asked, his eyes wide.

"yeah, i guess so."

"you don't have an accent," he said, "your korean's so good!"

"oh thank you," she blushed at his praise, "i think it's because i talked with my grandparents in korean all my life. i used to come here every summer actually."

"you're pretty cool, yuri," he said, "you should come with taehyung and me to go get food sometime."

"really?" yuri asked, her eyes wide with hope.

"of course! we go to this place that's super affordable. join us next time."

"i will."