soompi: yuri's statement

Breaking: BTS's Yuri personal statement proceeding dating rumours

Oct 15, 2018            by M.Choi

BTS' Yuri has recently been under fire for dating rumours that are circulating the internet. These rumours were confirmed by Yuri's company only two weeks ago and the surge of hate has only spread since Bighit's statement was announced.

Netizens are still outraged by their decision to avoid the serious allegations and only addressing the dating rumours.

Furthermore, a smaller group of fans believe that Yuri had no say in this statement.

Today, October 15th, this statement was posted on the official BTS twitter by Yuri herself:

     ❝ Hello,
         this is Yuri.

This is my personal and only official statement on all that has happened in the past month.

The previous statement released by the company was not one I was in favour of but I was told it was for the better so I approved it. At the time, I was going through a lot so I didn't think I had the right to say what I really wanted, but now I realise that I have every right to say what I want and get out my piece of mind. So this is it.

Yes, I did date someone. No, I never abused my power or fame. No, I never raised my voice or became violent towards this person. The text messages posted that show me as violent have either been taken out of context or been fabricated.

That is my statement and it is my truth. It is up to you to decide who to believe.

I apologise for worrying my fans, I apologise for the hurt I caused my members and my team, I apologise for how poorly this situation was handled, both by me and the company, I apologise for the mess that has erupted because of me keeping this a secret. But I do not and will not ever apologise for dating someone.

This issue spans more than just around me. This happened to me, but tomorrow, it will happen to another celebrity and ruin their career and their image. The cycle continues, people lose their careers and dreams day after day.

The constant pressure that is put on idols, especially female idols is very messed up and I don't think anyone will ever say that. We're constantly told what to do, how to act, what to wear, what to say and when to say it. I know I can't change the industry because honestly, I'm not sure it will ever be changed but since my career lies on such a thin line right now, I have nothing to lose so what I can do is say what others are afraid to say and maybe give them a little more courage to say it.

Please remember that celebrities are humans too. We make mistakes, we live our lives just like you do, we have feelings. Words can hurt more than you think.

Again, I apologise for the worry I have caused for the people who care about me and I apologise for making this promotional period so stressful for everyone.

All I can ask for now is that you forgive my mistakes and reflect on your own.

I will be taking legal action against the person who made these allegations against me and I hope you can support me when I do this.

Lastly, I appreciate all the loving messages in the flood of hate. I truly don't think I would have been able to make it out of this if it weren't for all of your support. Your support and love is all I can ask for, it is all that is going to help me.

        Thank you,
          Kim Yuri.

Nothing has been said about the future of the group or Yuri as an artist.

Stay tuned for further updates!

COMMENTS

user1 finally. this is the statement we wanted. bighit, do better. protect your artists instead of ignoring them.

user4  still don't get why she would date someone when she knew this would happen 🤷‍♀️
— user3 girl, did you not read anything she said????

user2  we love yuri! i applaud her for being able to speak her truth. she says she can't change the industry but even this statement will surely bring a change.
— user3  truly one of k-pop's best!!!

user17  oh wow she has a way with words. not a bts fan, but this is what kpop needs.
user3 i recommend listening to her interviews, especially the more serious ones. she's very articulate and has quite a way with her words as you said. even in songs. in my opinion, she's one of the best songwriters out there.
user17 definitely going to check her out!!

user5  i still don't think i believe her. there's no proof.
user2  and what proof is there that she did that stuff? those were poorly edited texts. the proof that she didn't do it is that there's multiple people out there that have met her, on camera and in off, that swear that she's a sweet and kind person.

user8  i swear i would read a whole book about the industry if yuri wrote it

user11 this girl is so mature. don't know much about her but this is one hell of a way to deal with this whole situation.

user12  see the reaction when yuri actually says what she wants and isn't pushed to say some mediocre, lousy stuff she didn't even write? they should fire the pr team and let yuri do this instead

user8 can't wait to see how the trails go. hope this guy gets what he deserves and other people learn to not attack artists like this.