53

At the ends of his eyebrows and corners of his eyes was a strange light. The corners of his eyes were flushed, as if light peach blossom makeup had been applied on him and his limpid eyes were as pure as two balls of mercury.

According to reason, he shouldn't have been able to use the evil techniques within three days. But upon entering, he witnessed her clothes being ripped, revealing the pale skin of her back. In that instant, his eyes were stung by that sight.

His mind settled and only one thought appeared. He had to quickly, no- immediately make them disappear. It would be too slow to deal with them one by one using the Demon Restraining Circlets and he couldn't wait that long.

He instinctively felt his sleeves but there were no attack-type talismans. This was like a general intoxicated by bloodlust who couldn't find a weapon by him to use. No trace of the anger he was feeling inside could be seen on his face as he reached back to yank off his headband.

He regretted it almost immediately, but since he started it, there was no looking back.

These resentful spirits were originally ghosts, after going through this, they probably had disappeared from existence.

The three-day resting period was not be broken at all costs. However, he violated the most important rule. Just before, he was sinking deeper and deeper into his bloodlust. He nearly lost himself to the rising violence and began having thoughts of devouring the entire world. It was a desperate scream which finally woke him from that train of thought.

Ling Miaomiao was lying on the ground, screaming and kicking a burnt corpse like her life depended on it. This sound slowly tempted him back to his previous state but he restrained himself and picked her up, only for her to continue screaming by his ears.

The scream distracted him enough that the black cloud around his body dissipated and the violence which had overwhelmed him, disappeared. His feet touched the ground, fully returning him to reality.

Ling Miaomiao looked at him vacantly. She never expected there would be a day where the black lotus would come save her in person.

This was really...

She stuttered for a bit before finally calling out his name. "Ziqi"

But, why was it that though they had only been apart for a little while, he seemed to look different from before?
Mu Sheng looked back at her face.

Now that she calmed down, her large round eyes turned watery and in her surprised expression, a few traces of grievance could be seen.

She called his name as she stared at him unblinkingly, disbelief written all across he
face.

What was there for her to be aggrieved about?

Was it because the one who came wasn't Liu Fuyi?

He looked down. Seeing as she had been frightened, he forgave her and bit back the chill in his voice. "It's me. Let's go."

Unexpectedly, he was hugged tightly the next instant. The girl's arms were wrapped unyieldingly around his neck, seeming to have hung herself on him leaving him to support her whole weight. Only then did she let out her emotions, "I, I've been waiting for you... I never thought you'd really come..."

"..." He felt a gust of hot air on his neck which then turned into wetness. Ling Miaomiao was crying inconsolably.

Well, she nearly hugged the corpse back then. For her to not cry even when she was that scared, she must have been holding back her tears until now.

Miaomiao was like a down quilt, wrapped tightly around him, warm and soft. It aroused all the unhinged, greedy instincts of his darker side. He went to grab her clothes so he could pull her off him but his hand only encountered smooth skin. Then he remembered her clothes had already been ripped and his actions may seem to harbor unseemly intentions. He could only change it to patting her gently.