99

"Shengsheng, be good, drink water."

Mu Sheng turned back, silently watching Ling Miaomiao carrying a cage and holding a long, slender piece of dog tail grass, preoccupied with teasing the birds.

He looked at her raptly, listening to her crisp call of "Shengsheng," a complicated expression on his face. It was unclear whether it was from pleasure or jealousy.

The bird in the cage dipped its head and drank water at her behest, seemingly reluctant in accepting the fact that it was being kept.

When the bird entered their door, Ling Miao Miao declared she wanted to give it a name. After thinking for a while, she nodded at the cage and said very happily, "Lets just call it Shengsheng."

Mu Sheng was suddenly stunned in place, staring at the bird in the cage in amazement: "Why are you calling it Sheng......" he paused for a moment, unable to spit out the two repeated words. His eyelashes fluttered and an unusual faint flush of red appeared on his face.

Ling Miao Miao turned her face to look at him, deliberately looking for a long time, almond eyes shining, seemingly silently stifling her laughter. But there was still a serious look on her face: "Because you caught it, and it always makes sounds; it's noisy."

He was speechless but could only accept it, and was very unhappy to find that after Ling Miaomiao had the bird, all her attention was poured onto it, and the share that belonged to him...... was also lessened by a lot.

His gaze fell on the pacing bird, containing a trace of cold hostility, but what came out were calm words: "When will you raise it until?"

"Until spring." Ling Miaomiao looked at it with interest and said casually, "When the weather is warm, we can set it free."

"Mm." He breathed a slight sigh of relief and looked at the bird with a much softer gaze.

The first snowfall of winter stopped before it covered the branches, and after the snow melted, the temperature turned colder by the day, and even the fog that covered the Wufang town carried a chill that penetrated to the marrow of the bones. And once one left their room, the cold air would burrow into one's neck.

When people had no important business, they stayed in their homes and did not go out, the days were spent very idly.

In fact, this was probably the most idle period of time that Ling Miaomiao has spent since she joined the protagonist group.

They could not take the initiative. More often than not, they waited for the rabbit, just as Madam Shi hinted, patiently waiting for the big demon to finally return to Wufang town, waiting for her to knock on their door.

In the process of waiting, there was nothing to do. Ling Miaomiao felt a feeling of retirement - the original wrote that Liu Fuyi and Mu Yao eventually returned hand in hand to the returned home, had two sons and a daughter.

She thought to herself that this was probably the kind of life they lived.

As they entered winter, the small animals loved to hibernate, and Ling Miaomiao became more and more sleepy. But the black lotus seemed to be completely undisturbed, always waking her up when she was drowsy.

In the early morning, the sky was covered in white, the windows were covered with cold frost, exactly the coldest time of the day.

There was a crisp white plum cold fragrance; the fragrance inside the tent was especially heavy; it was the smell of Mu Sheng's clothes.

The tightly wrapped quilt lifted off Ling Miaomiao's bare arms raised a layer of goosebumps. She shivered, backhandedly picked up the quilt, wanting to cover up, but he moved himself over her.