106

After feeding the bird, he put Ling Miaomiao's canopy down, put on his coat and went out.

Mu Sheng picked up the pot on the stone bench and watered the pots of hanging orchids in the front yard. The watering was quickly done, so he looked at the green grass leaves.

Under the thin winter sunlight, the round leaves were flowing with water droplets and shining with a little light.

He silently touched his heart and felt the beating of his heart under his skin.

After the forgetfulness spell was lifted, countless forgotten memories of the past came flooding back to his mind.

He traced the face of Murong'er in his mind, every frown and smile, and finally slowly drew out the familiar person he knew at first, combing his hair in front of the makeup table, speaking softly, "Little Sheng'er's hair is like his father's, black and shiny.

The light in front of the red gauze canopy was dim, a ray of light came in through the gap in the curtain and fell on her side face, serene and gentle, with eyes that could not hide her affection.

This was a person who did not even know how to hate.

He had a mother, once.

Though it was a difficult path, because they each supported each other, it never felt miserable.

The day before they left Huazhe, she took out the immortal object shining with a silver light, the Broken Moon Scissors, from her drawer, and traced it over his near waist-length hair.

She looked at his face in the mirror for a long time, as if she wanted to carve his face into her heart.

"Little Sheng'er, let me ask you."

"If one day, mother is no longer mother, will you be afraid?"

He tilted his head and looked at her, surprised to find that although she was smiling, her eyes were horribly red, and then two drops of crimson blood fell out of her eyes and landed violently on her snow-white cheeks.

"What's wrong?" He reached out in panic and wiped the two drops of red with his small hand.

She took his wrist and smiled, "Sheng'er, these are the tears of parting."

"I will not let you become a monster," she said, wiping away her tears. She pulled up his hair and neatly cutting off the threads of hatred from his head.

The Broken Moon Scissors is an immortal object, and between love or hate, only one can be cut off. Cutting off his innate hate, meant she could not cut off her accumulated lifetime of love.

From love, birthed hatred, and from pregnancy, birthed the resentful banshee.

Mother Rong held his hand, lovingly grooming the hair on his forehead: "Do not be afraid of mother, mother will protect you with all her might. You must live."

And he thus from a monster who did not recognize his close relatives, he went a step back and became a half-demon who could disguise himself as an human, and today, he still has love and hate, and has worldly pleasures, and lives in this world with feelings.

His palm pressed against his heart. Slowly, the temperature of his chest seeped into the cold palm of his hand.

If it wasn't for him, nothing would have happened. If it wasn't for him, Murong'er wouldn't have been devoured by the resentful banshee. He was the root of the problem.

The young man raised the corners of his mouth, a self-deprecating smile slowly creeping across his face, his eyes containing a bit of cold light.

There was another memory that came to mind.