105

"Huaijiang went out with Kongqing to say a few words. When he returned to the dungeon, he found that the girl had been killed by someone."

When saying the word "kill," there was a sharp pause, like iron suddenly fell on paper, so that the ink smears gradually appeared.

Mu Yao's heart fell and her eyelid jumped.

That pause seemed to have used up all the strength of the letter writer, and the handwriting behind it became slack and weak, as if it were a long sigh.

"If there is a harbinger for the decline of everything, this is the beginning of the decline of the Mu family."

Succubi were naturally born spirits, the frost and snow shaped their bones, grass and leaves formed their skin, the mountains and rivers gave them gracefulness, and from all things in the world, they received beauty, all of this making their bodies.

Since the heavens favored them so, they naturally must also be equally punished.

The succubus and the resentful banshee, their two souls shared one body. The greatest good and the greatest evil, darkness and light, the two were separated as yin and yang, just like the world's morning and evening.

The beauty of the succubus was destined to return to the world, and could not be monopolized by one person, otherwise the balance would be broken and lead to great evil.

The succubus, who longed for worldly affairs, was destined to fight against the resentful banshee who would appear later and compete for control of the body until it was completely consumed.

The shortcomings of the natural-born illusion demons were that they could not take human form; the same went for the succubus, who was formed by heaven and earth, her shortcoming was that they could only take on a human form.

According to the texts that Kongqing had consulted, in order to prevent the spread of the great evil, this flawless body was the last barrier to control the resentful banshee, and it was like a beautiful cage that imprisoned the restless, excited, extremely evil spirit of the resentful banshee.

Now, the resenful banshee had been killed, which was equivalent to the last cage being destroyed, the spirit of the resentful banshee had nothing to worry about.

Although she had no demonic power, she could mobilize the injustice and resentment in people's hearts, taking the opportunity to dive into the body of anyone compelled by her words.

Instead of dying, she survived and was no longer controlled by people.

Mu Huaijiang was so furious that he could not sleep that night.

The resentful banshee was previously controlled by the talisman paper. Her soul was damaged and needed to recuperate inside the host, so she would not do anything for a short time and would not be able to care about changing the host's will. This also meant that no one would know exactly who had been possessed.

But if they did not take care of her, and allowed her to fully recuperate, there was a concern that the first thing she would do Y would be to massacre the Mu family.

So, an undercover investigation began. First the most suspected mute women guarding the dungeon were secretly locked up in the dungeon, followed by a few of the servants who had been seen passing near the dungeon that night. As the rumors spread within the mansion, panic began setting in.

The usually riotous Bai Yirong was sick before this, lying in bed until after the New Year, and was not involved in this turmoil.

After locking up ten people, Mu Huaijiang decided to call it off.