62

In a few short days, Li Zhun had already become close buddies with Liu Fuyi. His enthusiasm was especially obvious. The words 'Brother Liu' came flowing out of his mouth as smoothly as silk and he would especially help him pour wine or order dishes. It was as if he was afraid of not being able to push all the good things the Li residence had to offer onto him.

When Liu Fuyi left to send the princess back to the palace, Li Zhun became worried and unhappy, always leaving early during meals. The moment Liu Fuyi returned to Jingyang Slope, he regained his radiance and immediately rushed about to prepare a feast.

There was once again another long, merry feast. Ling Miaomiao lightly pushed around the delicacies on her plate, staring silently at Liu Fuyi's face. She felt a sort of misconception, as if Brother Liu's face had become a bit rounder the last few days.....

Suddenly feeling a cold gaze sweeping over her from the side, she turned around to see Mu Sheng staring at her side profile unblinkingly.

What are you looking at me for?" Miaomiao held her chopsticks in her mouth as she asked doubtfully.

He immediately spun back around, "If you're eating then eat, why are you staring at Liu Fuyi?"

Ling Miaomiao burst into laughter, lowering her voice and leaning closer to his ear, "Brother Liu is so handsome, if I don't look at him, who would I look at? You? Moreover, Sister Mu is also watching Liu Fuyi, why don't you bother her huh?"

Mu Sheng's eyes turned dark abruptly as he had really been enraged this time. For the rest of the meal, he really didn't bother her anymore.

After supper, Li Zhun ordered people to serve tea to help relieve the greasiness of their meal.

Everyone picked their teeth as they started making casual conversation.

The wet nurse carried Chuchu over with a smile on her face, "The young lady slept most of noon and couldn't fall asleep in the afternoon. Her energy was over-the-top and she made a ruckus, wanting to come out and play."

Li Zhun was naturally delighted and he clapped his hands, opening his arms wide to let her into his embrace, "Chuchu, come to your father."

The little girl climbed down by herself and used her small voice to answer questions Li Zhun asked her.

Then, she started to bashfully look over in Mu Yao's direction.

Li Zhun suddenly seemed to realize something. "The day before, Chuchu said she wanted to play with Sister Mu and Brother Liu. Yesterday was a miss and you were still thinking about it today, weren't you?"

A smile seemed to flash through Chuchu's black gem-like eyes, before she buried her head into Li Zhun's arms in embarrassment.

Mu Yao and Liu Fuyi looked each other in the eye and smiled. Liu Fuyi reached out his hand in invitation, "Young Miss Chuchu?"

Chuchu was dressed completely like a miniature adult and she waddled over just like one as well, placing her small hand into his extended palm.

To make it more convenient for Chuchu to play, the two of them left their chairs and moved to the ground. Li Zhun called out for a servant to bring over praying mats, allowing the two to sit cross-legged, to prevent the cold from soaking into their limbs.

Liu Fuyi fished out a red string from his robes, both ends tied together into a knot. Holding it with her fingers and wearing a warm smile on her face, Mu Yao familiarly manipulated the string into the shape of a flower. Chuchu's eyes were wide open and for a long time, she was so excited she couldn't stop clapping.

The three of them quickly entered their own world, laughing and causing a veritable cacophony. They looked just like.... A harmonious family of three.

Li Zhun smiled as he watched from the side. After watching for a while, he exhorted, "Madam Shi's stomach is feeling unwell so I'll take my leave early. Brother Liu, will you please watch over Chuchu to allow this humble brother to look after the person inside?"