Wally Darling x GN!Assistant!Reader (Actor AU)

|★|Star of My Show|★|

(Requested by: @floatycloud ) 

(I dunno much abt the Actor AU, but from what I understand it's basically just the show behind the scenes w/ actors?)

You were chatting with Julie at the moment. She was chirping excitedly about the new dress the seamstress was creating for her. New season, new clothes after all. You were a simple behind-the-scenes assistant. You also played as a couple extras here and there, but not much. You mainly worked on other shows like Mannix or the newly airing Sesame Street. Although, at the moment they were working on something that didn't need you, so you went back to the Welcome Home set. You were Wally's assistant mainly, but you couldn't seem to find him. He wasn't in this episode, but he was always on set for the cast's nerves. He was a good man. "Oh, I really hope this one is less itchy. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love all the things that woman makes, but they aren't very comfy," the 'rainbow monster' complained. 

You chuckled, nodding. "I'll be sure to check in on what she uses. Maybe I can convince the dept. to pay an extra cent or two on some proper fabric," you promised. "Oh please do! Thank you. You're a sweetheart y/n!" You watched as she was called back to set for shooting. Sighing quietly, you exited the soundstage and walked around the building. Your eyes glanced over at the posters for the show. You paused at Wally Darling's poster. The character stood in front of a canvas with a half-painted picture on it. He held a paintbrush dipped in red paint, despite the unfinished artwork not having any red in it. Maybe he was just about to add it. He looked as though the camera had caught him in the middle of work, yet he still smiled. A twirl of red opened at the bottom with "Wally Darling" in a cursive font written. 

"Admiring me?" A voice came from behind you, making you jump. You whipped around and relaxed as you came face-to-face with Wally. A small red hue tinted your cheeks as you stared at the attractive actor. "Ah-heh, you startled me..." you stated awkwardly, putting a hand to your beating heart. You had a bit of a crush on Wally. The actor grabbed your hand and kissed it gently. "My apologies, Miss/Mr. l/n," he apologized. You flushed and tried your best to focus, being as polite as you could. "Please, just call me y/n. No need for the fancy stuff while we aren't at work."

Wally hummed. "Always so humble," he muttered under his breath. You took your hand back and smiled at him. "Why aren't you on set? I'm aware you don't have shooting today, but I know how you love being there with everyone else." You tilted your head. "Ah, I was just about to get a little fresh air while I was unneeded," he stated. His gentle voice comforted you. "Care to join me," he asked, nodding towards the exit of the building. "Sure," you stated softly.

You and Wally left the building to go on a walk around the block. You breathed in the fresh air as wind blew through your hair (if you're bald just ignore-). It was almost night, and yet it was still warm outside. Wally watched you closely, micro examining your expressions. You were beautiful to him. His star. "Y/n," he called. You turned your attention to him, listening carefully. "I think I like you," he mentioned casually. You froze as the two of you stopped right before the door to the building. "You don't have to like me back, but I just wanted to get it out while I could." He smiled gently. 

You blushed, processing his words. "You...like-like me?" You asked, your voice raising in pitch. Wally nodded, smiling a bit wider at your childish word for love. "O-oh! Wow...I-I don't know what to say..." you muttered. "I guess I could start by saying...I like you too?" You nervously admitted it. You heard a voice from inside the building calling for Wally. "That's perfect...Meet me after shooting?" He looked at you. You nodded. He kissed your cheek before entering the building. 

Bloopers:

*You stare at the poster*

Wally: "Admiring me?"

You: "Nah, you ugly."

*W a s t e d.*