Chapter 18

Chapter 18

From the garden, there was a natural trail into the woods ahead where the smell of moist soil and winters reached up to my nostrils. It was fresh. There was wilderness drifting in the air along with the wind. From a distance, I could hear howls of werewolves which bought a little fear into my heart, but in Callan's presence, most of it went away itself.

"There's something I wanted to ask you about..." I trailed off.

"Mhm." He furthered me to continue.

"That friend—" I paused to catch my breath before lining my shoulders with his. He was still pretty taller than I was. "Who came at your room yesterday. What's his name?"

"Why do you want to know?" He asked, his gaze still straight ahead, peering into the darkness. "Do you want him?"

My mouth hung wide open, "No—"

Before I had the chance to complete, he interrupted me and said, "We have shared plenty." I didn't understand.

"Shared?" It took me a second. My cheeks became warm and hot at his words. "Oh. No! No. I was only curious about him." I gave my head a shake, denying all that Callan was thinking.

He stopped walking and turned to my direction. I swallowed hard. Under the moonlight, his face muscles became taut and just perfect, just as they were between my thighs. He was an evil distraction, but everything my body needed.

His eyes ran over me—twice as if he was studying me before he stepped forward.

Leaning in, he said with a smile, "You're not curious about anything, little witch. It's all intentional."

I lifted my chin while pushing my shoulders back, "It's only curiosity." I repeated, but he didn't believe me. It was surprising how he could read my face so easily without even getting into my mind.

As I continued to stare into his eyes, I felt a string being formed between us. Before it became intact, I looked away from him while my chest heaved in and out at the sudden rush of feelings.

No.

"You want to know his name?" Callan asked. I nodded and he continued, "Fine. You can ask him yourself." His hand wrapped around my wrist before he guided me deeper into the woods where I was unsure what lived.

I needed to give the name of the man to Raphael, the Queen's guard, so he could return to her with the information and give me some time more to find the other two men which was going to be a difficult task especially with none of my magic working the way I wanted it to work.

My thoughts drifted to Callan as he pulled me deeper and deeper. Just then I remembered the five bodies he needed to bury. Instantly, I paused on my steps, wondering if it was right to go so far away from the court with him and without a phone.

"Where are you taking me?"

"To my friend," He replied before glancing at the tension over my face. "Are you scared I might kidnap you? Don't worry, I won't. You won't make a good hostage with all the magic you do."

"Five bodies to bury?" I said, bringing my fear straight to my mouth.

His face changed for a moment before the corner of his lips curled into a grin, "Everyone kills around here, little witch. Either kill or be killed. It's about who does it first. There were a few men after my life and I needed for them to be gone." He explained without any guilt.

Something stirred inside me, but the fear walked away.

"You're surprisingly the most strangest man I've ever met, and I somewhat like that." I whispered while a shiver ran down my spine from my own confession. What was I even admitting to? Liking him? Or something else?

"You do?" He asked in a low voice while taking a step forward to me and backing me to the tree behind.

I nodded, "Mhm."

I didn't think. My hands went around the back of his neck before I leapt on my feet and planted my lips over his. Breathing in deeply, he kissed back while grabbing my hips at the same time. My body became tangled around his in matter of seconds. Heat rushed to my core like never, wanting to feel his mouth pleasuring me again and maybe something even more.

His finger slipped underneath my chin and our lips parted only inches away. His eyes were dark as they fell on mine.

The back of my head met against the large tree. I let out quick breaths before his mouth dropped over mine again, this time pulling my bottom lip between his teeth and biting it.

I moaned and ran my hand down his shoulder before nearly touching his—

His lips curled into a smile and he pulled away while grabbing my wrists at the same time and pushing them against the tree.

"Don't touch it if you can't take it." He said, his voice brimming with desire.

"As you say so..."

He glanced down at my covered breasts, watching them raise and drop. Lust formed in his eyes. I bit back my own desire and watched his instead. It was better. His tongue ran through he lips before he let my wrists go.

I walked past him with a smile hanging over my face, "Where was your friend now?"

Read the full book on Patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr