Chapter 20

"Is your father the reason you have those marks on your pretty little face?" Callan questioned while glancing over his shoulder to see them again.

I stopped covering the scars after I realized they were going to take a long while before they'd heal. Instead of constantly smearing makeup over them, I left them alone and let everyone see it.

"Yes. He was far more crazier than I could ever be," I whispered while watching myself in the reflection of the mirror inside my bedroom. My finger trailed over the cheek. "Well, he's the one dead now and I'm alive."

"Why do you want to meet his family?"

I turned away from the mirror and walked closer to Callan who I invited into my bedroom after we had reached the court. There was something lingering in my mind, itching me. My arms fell over his shoulders as I leaned in.

"I'm tired of the questions," I said in a low whisper. "Kiss me and maybe we can finish what was going to happen in the woods." My head rose, yearning for his mouth to meet with mine again. I didn't care much about my virginity. It never clicked in my mind when I wanted sex or when I didn't, not until all these years later when I had bewitched a man into lusting after me—accidentally.

He placed his hand on the back of my head, tugging some of my hair while his eyes darkened, "You want me to deflower you?" He asked, sounding a bit taken back by my request.

What did he expect?

"Have you not before?"

"Never a virgin," he responded, shaking his head in a bit of disappointment. "I wouldn't know how to control myself or rather the habits I have built."

"You don't have to—"

"You'll be limping by daylight. Don't burden yourself with something you can't take, little witch. Mercy doesn't belong in my glossary." He wrapped his hand around my face while inching closer to my mouth. His voice became husky and low like a melody to my ears. "And neither does fidelity. I won't be able to promise you myself."

"We'll see about that." I smiled, stiffly.

He watched the rush of emotions in my eyes and all the tricks of a witch. "Try as hard as you want. I'm no ones."

I gave my head a light nod while my stomach turned into knots. Slowly, he lowered his mouth onto mine. My lips parted. His teeth brushed against my lower ones, threatening a bite and maybe even a little bit of blood. But he didn't.

He slipped back and whispered, "Take off your clothes. I would but then they'd be torn."

His hand moved from my jaw and my fingers reached for the buttons of my shirt. I pulled it over my shoulders and then unbuttoned my pants slowly before letting them fall over my legs. My entire body tensed as he watched me, still only an inch away from me. I could feel the heat from his body engulfing mine, but as it was dark in my room, I couldn't see his hardness.

When I slipped my underwear off my legs and reached ahead to toss it over the couch, he grabbed it from my hands.

"I'll keep that, little witch." He bundled it all up and placed it inside its pocket. "Get on the bed and start playing with your pussy. It will be less of a trouble when you're dripping on my cock."

I moved to my bed near the wall and laid back down while he moved closer to me and removed his shirt. I bit back my gasp of surprise as his chest became bare to my eyes. There were muscles covering every inch of him, and I hadn't noticed it until now. Or maybe I did. He was big, and I began to wonder if something else was big too.