Chapter 51

Chapter 51

"Alexandria's going to know that we are involved in this," Dion said. "It's only a matter of time." He planted his hands on the wooden table and continued with a hint of fear in his eyes.

With my mother no longer in Alexandria's hold, she was going to figure out everything—which meant we didn't have much time. She was certainly smart enough to know Callan and Dion had a part in taking my mother away from her captivity and she was also going to know about the dead guard they had killed.

"Thankfully, we don't have any family to worry about." Callan chuckled as he folded his arms across his chest.

He wasn't wrong.

"But when I returned to court after my run, I overheard Claudia," Dion glanced at me, the worry in his eyes only furthering. "She's going to come after you soon enough for killing her brother and that's something you have to be careful about. She has a strong pack behind her and she must've told most of your extended family about what you did."

"Who the fuck's Claudia?" Elijah interrupted.

My jaw went tight as I glanced at him. He was seated with a drink in his hand and his leg folded over the other one while a faint grin continued to linger on his face as if he had won a victory when in fact, he was the one whose cock hardened beneath me. His attitude was a little softened since the whole event that occurred upstairs in the bedroom. But I still despised him and nothing was going to change that.

"No one you need to know about," I turned my attention back to Dion and said, "Claudia doesn't scare me. It's fine. She won't be able to do much."

He nodded and somewhat agreed with me.

"She's right, Dion. Alexandria's our biggest concern right now. She's going to know soon about her mother's disappearance from her captivity and then she's going to come for our heads—"

"She won't kill any of us," Elijah rose up and approached the table. "She needs us to undo the curse on her so she won't do anything. The most my mother will do is try to get her." He raised his glass and pointed it in my direction.

"Why?" Callan asked, his tone demanding and possessive.

"Because she has a different magic within her. It's unheard of. Therefore, she has my mother's attention and my mother still needs to know who are the other two who carry the mark. Something tells me another witch cannot find us," He explained while batting a glance at me. "Or else why would she have a twenty-something girl chasing us?"

"What kind of magic?"

The atmosphere in the room changed. It became chilling cold suddenly and I wasn't sure if it was just me.

When Elijah touched me and tried to take my magic, he found nothing within me to take.

"I'm not sure..." he trailed off, clearly lying. He knew what it was but he didn't want to tell me, or anyone else inside the room.

"Vivian," Callan turned to me, his eyes piercing into my soul. "Will you be fine here?" His question wasn't about whether I wanted to stay here or not, it was about me—if I was willing to against Alexandria and stay away from her.

I nodded, "I'll be here."

A warm smile stretched over his face as he found belief in my words. I didn't want to lie to him, not after he had saved my mother from wherever she was. Hurting him was the last thing on my mind. I wanted to be over with this, and I wanted to go far from here, or maybe not.

I tore my gaze away from Callan before my heart began to flutter again. Dion held my attention next as he questioned about the whole event and when it was supposedly going to take place.