five

THE PANTING GIRL felt her heart race as she ran for her life. Brielle was ahead of him, but she was running out of places to go. All she saw was open green land in the park that remained in the middle of the city.

Unless he had snuck one into one of his pockets, she believed he didn't have a weapon on him. But even if he got ahold of her weapon less, he would overpower her.

"Last warning!" the killer yelled behind her.

It was odd, but no one was around in the area the two were in. So if he tried to murder her, nobody would even see or help.

Brielle felt his weight fall upon her as he tackled her to the ground. She was underneath him, restricted from moving.

"Did you think I'd let you get away that easily?" he asked, smirking psychotically and panting as he laughed through breaths.

She tried to free her wrists, but failed. "You think I'm going to let my friends die?"

"Even you can't stop it."

"I'll be at the apartment. I'll kill you."

"I'd like to see you try. And I'll make sure you're out of the way."

He still held her down, seemingly plotting his next move. He knew that if he let her go, she would destroy his plan. But part of Ethan saw her fear, and saw her obedience.

"Let me go!"

"Are you going to listen to me?" he said, squeezing her wrist harder.

Brielle silently nodded.

He walked her back to the apartment which she did not appreciate. She sat in the apartment with the others that night knowing that Ethan could attack at any moment.

Quinn was in her room, and her sisters and the twins were at the dining table. Anika was on the couch and so was Brielle until she got up to go grab a snack.

"I'll be right back!" she said.

She walked through the hallway at the other end of the apartment and was suddenly pulled into what she believed to be the hall closest.

A gloved hand went over her mouth and she looked up to see Ethan. He was wearing the cloak, but he wasn't masked yet.

When he finally removed his hand. "What are you doing?!" she shout-whispered.

"I told you I had to get you out of the way of our plan."

He pulled out rope from his pocket. "Ethan no."

He just nodded as if he wanted the opposite while tying the rope around her hands and then her legs. "Not necessary!"

"It is if I'm going to keep you in here."

Brielle fell down into the corner of the closest, unable to move her arms or her legs. Which meant she couldn't stand or even fight Ethan back.

He hadn't truly hurt her physically since the night she found out. That was odd for a serial-killing Ghostface.

"Why don't you just kill me already?"

Ethan smirked. "I like you. You're cute, too fun to kill. I'd rather keep you around for myself then kill you."

He left her there in the closet and snuck back into Quinn's room to complete the plan of fake-killing his sister and then emerging from her room into Brielle's friends.