fourteen

ETHAN'S KNIFE was immediately at Brielle's throat. He always thought Brielle was naive and innocent; incapable of ever causing harm to another person.

But he was wrong. She was the one who took the final blow at his brother after all. He wasn't sure what to do. He wanted her to be his, but his father would show mercy to her now. And he wasn't sure if he wanted to either.

"Are you still confident now?" he whispered, feeling Bri shake at his touch.

"Richie was pathetic."

Sam looked proud, but also terrified for her sister at the same time. Bailey looked at Ethan and then at his victims.

"Take her and finish her off. Quinn and I will deal with them," Bailey ordered.

Brielle felt her shaking body being dragged by Ethan to another room. It was a complete different that was once used for showing movies. The screen was more shattered, and the room was empty.

The door creaked shut, and Brielle wondered to herself if Ethan would really kill her.

"You know, you were always so good for me, sweetheart. Why switch up now? If you just listened to what I told you, everything would have been fine..."

"You're actually going to kill me?"

He didn't answer.

"I don't want to die," she whispered, actually afraid now.

He moved closer to her, his blade lightly touching her neck. "I couldn't kill you even if I wanted to."

"Ethan, I love you," she whispered.

He smiled.

"...And I'm sorry."

A knife went into his side, one that Brielle had stolen from one of the display cases. He yelled, and she ran as fast as she could.

She pulled at the doorknob continuously, but it wouldn't open. Ethan must of locked it, because he knew she would try and run.

Ethan was pulling the knife out of his side and gasping for air, but quickly recovering enough to go after Brielle.

He got up and ran as fast as he could towards Brielle. "You thought you'd be able to escape? You really thought you could get away from me?" he asked, a sick grin on his face.

Brielle pounded on the door. "Sam! Tara! Chad! Help!"

He grabbed her in his arms and covered her mouth so they couldn't hear her screams. The blood from his cut was slowly getting on Brielle.

Ethan whispered into her ear, "Can you play dead for me, Bri?"